"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I hope we have one song like Prayer for the Afflicted (title indicates it's a slow song) that's really slow with sorrowful keyboards and balladic feel, then ascending into menacing doom riffs. They need to take the slow song potential to a new dimension.

Even more elegantly shocking is “All for Nothing,” on which Alexei opens with a frightening whisper-type vocal... 'That vocal was a challenge to record.'

Once again an idea I kept preaching sees daylight, (despite all the facepalmers). ;)

Some really advanced English vomit there, with not much information about the songs. Catchy chorus in I Hurt, Morrigan was obvious single, then there's some riff-oriented songs and whatnot. Sadness and hurt and anger, apparently whole album in drop B. I get the picture it's quite riff-oriented, and the melodies are dark.

Now waiting for samples.

The whisper vocals were on DMHOY. And Towards Dead End. Also blackened thrash is the worst metal genre ever :puke:

Refreshing, a good, well-written interview. The album sounds promising and interesting. It's disappointing though to hear that Alexi isn't particularly confident about the Danger Zone cover.

No, I meant those hissing horror type whispers, never seen in Bodom yet.

Edit: actually in Triple Corpse that don't push me...

There was nothing mentioned about Prayer for the Afflicted or Widdershins. I wouldn't read too much into this article. We've had quite misleading reviews before. The guy even writes Alexei Lahio, and just tries to come up with weird expressions and rare English words to appear professional.

Pretty good, moderately informative interview. Couple quick points to make. Guitars in Drop B make me nervous because thats basically the complete opposite tuning from the old days and promotes heaviness over atmosphere and a really crisp sound. Also separates the Guitars and Keys more. Which can be a good or bad thing

About All for Nothing "a track that is often Maiden-esque and textural, the bonus being a searing guitar solo which demonstrates why Laiho has quietly become—weirdly and specifically—an elder statesman of razor-wired guitar"

This, along with the write up about the title track and I Hurt sounds very promising. Tracks with high flying Bodom Speed and Melody with this new dark atmosphere sound like they have a lot of potential to be awesome. And Alexi stated that I Hurt is one of their best openers in a long time. Which is great because the openers have been sort of dull since Living Dead Beat.

All in all the suspense is killing me and I really need to hear another song soon to get a better indication of how the album will be(as we all do)

I think good idea for a track titled I Hurt would be suffering whispers, followed with scream of fear and pain... and a horror sample intro. It really has to come with pounding riffs and romantic melodies if it's to challenge other opening songs. It's true Not My Funeral and Waste of Skin were weaker, they didn't deserve to be openers.

The new Cradle of Filth single was iron, but the rest of the album seems crap. Hope that trend doesn't carry to Bodom...

They should play Hate Me + I Hurt and then Punch Me I Bleed

Then a surprise Hammer Smashed Face :kickass: And then CC fans appear and destroy COB nerds in a moshpit of death :kickass::kickass:

Jonas. I completely agree on the horror quotes and how they help set up atmosphere for the tracks. Would be really cool if there was one at the start of the album like the old days. And yes the last few have been pretty lackluster. Hellhounds being the best of the last 3 but still nothing extraordinary.

I haven't listened to the new Cradle single because Ive stopped listening to them for some time. Has anyone heard the new Stratovarius single?!

Dude that was kinda joke :lol: Aside from it - yes, it actually works that way for a couple of reasons.