"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Drums are easily the worst part of Morrigan, the solo very close at 2nd place.

If you're all expecting to be blown away by the drumming you have chosen the wrong band. Jaska is very capable, but it's not Bodom's style. It is not technical death metal, they never tried it and probably never will. Lobodomy was the closest attempt, and the whole band seemed to hate it after recording it, with Janne even saying they recorded it under the agreement that they'd never play it live.

I don't know, I never ever noticed that drums are distinctively BAD and this time they were. Overall I like Jaska's style, he may not be the most technical guy but he knows his mastery.

Hey guys, do you think the 11 songs are all played in drop B tuning oder also C# standard? Maybe we get some Something Wildish sound. Behemoth also uses C# standard tuning for example.

Im just hoping the album has a good amount of fresh ideas, dense Keyboards, and a little more old Bodom feel to it. All encompassed in the dark atmosphere the band keeps telling us of.

I don't understand how a song titled All for Nothing could be any good. Just like Done With Everything... isn't.

Suicide Bomber is a fascinating title, remains to be seen whether it's a 'serious' song.

I'm having realistic expectations, waiting for a few nice songs... anything above is special.

I don't understand how a song titled All for Nothing could be any good. Just like Done With Everything... isn't.

Suicide Bomber is a fascinating title, remains to be seen whether it's a 'serious' song.

I'm having realistic expectations, waiting for a few nice songs... anything above is special.

I don't see anything wrong with All for Nothing and DWEDFN is one of the best songs on BD, imo.

Also, I can't take Suicide Bomber seriously for some reason. Don't really know why. Perhaps it's because Kotiteollisuus has a song called Itsemurhalentäjä (Suicide Bomber in Finnish for you non-Finnish people).

Hey guys, do you think the 11 songs are all played in drop B tuning oder also C# standard? Maybe we get some Something Wildish sound. Behemoth also uses C# standard tuning for example.

Does Morrigan sound like SW to you? To me it doesn't. Closer to RRF with added atmosphere, imo.

I'm fairly sure there'll be songs in C# standard also. They've never done an album with all drop tuning, and I don't think this one's any different.

I don't see anything wrong with All for Nothing and DWEDFN is one of the best songs on BD, imo.

Also, I can't take Suicide Bomber seriously for some reason. Don't really know why. Perhaps it's because Kotiteollisuus has a song called Itsemurhalentäjä (Suicide Bomber in Finnish for you non-Finnish people).

Completely agree. Suicide Bomber sounds to cliched and more like a Heavy or Thrash Metal bands song title

Curious to see the shorter and faster tracks. Maybe there's finally another one like SNBN. It's possible if they're focusing on atmosphere now instead of technicality. Less/better vocals, more atmosphere, catchy songs. Actually curious to see any changes from their routine songs. What they could do with orchestral hits and keyboard wizardry is also limitless.

For me, not just Morrigan has grown on me but,also that intro, from the other song, too, it's sounding way cooler than the whole Morrigan song, hope it'll be great.

Curious to see the shorter and faster tracks. Maybe there's finally another one like SNBN. It's possible if they're focusing on atmosphere now instead of technicality. Less/better vocals, more atmosphere, catchy songs. Actually curious to see any changes from their routine songs. What they could do with orchestral hits and keyboard wizardry is also limitless.
You should check out Ghost. They've good atmosphere, one that's not based on orchestral hits.

Hey guys ! fnally go,t a hand, on th,at Morrgan fle from th,e CD,,,, from th,e comc con ! Here t s and guess t'll be the best qualty we can have for now.

And sorry about my keyboard. As you can see; not only th,e "random comas," are stll here but there, s now also a letter wh,ch,,, doesn't work and 'll let you guess whch one ^^ Oh, and,, the,,,, "back" key s also de,ad so t became much harder to correct anythng... Sorry agan for beng hard to read..

[edt:] forgot the lnk: 11 Morrigan