"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Joonas, I think you're refering to the 100guitarsfromhel event in Helsinki. But unfortunatly this doesn't include any new cob song. We (the guitar heroes as you seem to call us :D ) already have the parts to learn and I guess that'll be all.

We talked about it a few weeks ago. It's possible that Alexi made a completely new song for said event, but it would also work pretty well as a promotion event for a new single. Also, composing anything that sounds decent and not using it somewhere is not something people like to do (Althouhg you do end up doing it most probably, whether you want to do it or not. I have 161 songs on my computer, only 9 or 10 of which are finished :D Many of said 161 started songs are so different from my usual style that there's a high chance they'll never be completed.)

Joonas, I think you're refering to the 100guitarsfromhel event in Helsinki. But unfortunatly this doesn't include any new cob song.

You're joking, right, it would make no sense for it not to be a new Bodom track. They'll get huge attention for the album. And why play random stupid riffs if they could play a great single from the album? Just wait, you'll see how the pieces come together.

Unless they think the event would make their music sound shit. I could imagine Alexi would have 50% of volume, since he has the solos too.

You're joking, right, it would make no sense for it not to be a new Bodom track. They'll get huge attention for the album. And why play random stupid riffs if they could play a great single from the album? Just wait, you'll see how the pieces come together.

Unless they think the event would make their music sound shit. I could imagine Alexi would have 50% of volume, since he has the solos too.

Probably. It would help a little with the messiness too. Alexi probably plays his own stuff mostly right and in time, so even if the rest of them screw up, at least you'll still be able to hear Alexi.

But I guess some guys could still fuck around and play the solo with him, or even the keyboard solo, I mean no-one's gonna put you in jail for it. Be my quest; it could sound nice, like a rain of razors, if 101 guys played the solo simultaneously. But again I think Alexi has main volume and the attention's still focused on him and it's evident when he plays the solo.

no I'm not kidding unfortunatly. I would so love to hear a new Bodom track there. But I really don't think they will.

I got this message in early June from the organisators of the show "Alexi hasn't actually finished the song yet, but as far as I know there will be five parts in it, and the guitarists will be divided into five groups" and since the album was already finished I guess it is something totally new.

no I'm not kidding unfortunatly. I would so love to hear a new Bodom track there. But I really don't think they will.

I got this message in early June from the organisators of the show "Alexi hasn't actually finished the song yet, but as far as I know there will be five parts in it, and the guitarists will be divided into five groups" and since the album was already finished I guess it is something totally new.

+1

Ah, ok, they didn't tell us. This is just stupid. The record label should leave the poor guy alone if they forget what he's about, and that's Bodom songs. I don't think Alexi has the slightest of interest in this after recording the album.

He probably does have an interest in this since he was still given the opportunity to open the Helsinki Festival with metal and 100 other metalheads. I even think he is the one who come up with this idea. But yeah that's a shame they don't use this to play a new song. Though maybe after the 100guitarsfrom hel thing something will happen; but I just wanted you to know that the amateur guitarists going there won't have anything to do with Bodom except playing the backing tracks for some professional guitarists' solos.

I smiled, when someone came up with the idea, that Alexi'll pick the new Bodom guitarist out of you. :)

Well; that would have been awesome. I know some dudes in there who are more than enough qualified to take Roope's place technically speaking. But it would be super risky because most of us have absolutly no "live experience".

So when was the last time we got 2 or more singles released (official) before the album came out? The song alexi wrote for that contest won't be on the album. He often write new and special stuff for such events

^^And they should undergo psychological tests and find out your life situation etc.

^Blooddrunk had three singles, Tie My Rope, Blooddrunk and Banned from Heaven. I think 2 singles before album is absolute max, because releasing 3 best songs beforehand takes away the epicness from the album, it's like eating the strawberries from the cake. Maybe it's still good for the sales, and it's hard to resist not to listen, but I dream of hearing a full album fresh and discovering it's epic. The experience was so watered down the last times. I remember how exciting it was to hit play on AYDY having only heard two songs (too bad I was so fucking disappointed). It's just too hard to resist playing 30 sec Amazon samples for like five weeks, I mean are you fucking kidding me... since Blooddrunk I just haven't cared anymore because I've learned not every Bodom song is a Follow the Reaper, so it's better to find out whether I should hold my breath or not. This shit's therapy for me, the songs are a set of outlets, some of them are voice of the soul while others are not.

Btw, I don't remember whose signature contained that Skyfire quote, but two weeks ago I just searched up to that song I listened to it aaand then I listened to the whole album (Spectral) and that's just f@cking amazing! So thank you!:worship:

I usually don't like this kind of "modern" sounding/styled metal bands but with that piano, synth melodies they've made a dangerous compound.:hotjump: :headbang: :kickass: Looking for to hear their other albums too.:popcorn:

That was probably me! And fuck yeah. Glad you enjoyed the album. Spectral is an absolute masterpiece of MDM. Every song is incredible and constructed with every instrument in top form. Its my favorite album of all time. Even over FTR. I def recommend looking into the rest of their discography. Especially Timeless Departure \m/

Uncloud the Sky (From Skyfire's first album) also has the longest scream I've ever heard. 3:49 into the song. The scream lasts 25 seconds.

That scream is unreal!! Idk how Henrik was able to get that down and recorded even once. He has to be one of the best MDM Vocalists of all time

Uncloud the Sky (From Skyfire's first album) also has the longest scream I've ever heard. 3:49 into the song. The scream lasts 25 seconds.
Except it is from their second album, Mind Revolution, but you are correct in that that scream is pretty amazing.

I smiled, when someone came up with the idea, that Alexi'll pick the new Bodom guitarist out of you. :)

That's a fun dream, but the reality is that being in a touring band is like being married to your bandmates, so of course they are only going to choose someone they are very familiar with and get along with.

anyone else notice no keyboard solo in morrigan, cant say i mind. i love janne and love many of his solos but sometimes i feel like they detract from the song as a whole.

So when was the last time we got 2 or more singles released (official) before the album came out? The song alexi wrote for that contest won't be on the album. He often write new and special stuff for such events

Halo of Blood had the title track and Transference, didn't it?
Blooddrunk had 3 as Joonas said (HOMT, BD and SPFTD), and RRF had WIWI and Ugly as far as I can remember. Ugly wasn't a proper single, but we got it before the album, I remember listening to it for the first time still :lol:

Amazon has samples?!

They had for RRF I think, Amazon and some Chinese/Japanese site.