"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

What's the point of donwntuning? It's about the riffs, not the tuning, you can play stuff heavy as shit on D tuned guitar.

If they play for example a song in B minor and if they tune to B they can play low B power chord on bottom 3 strings. It is not required but if they want to make it sound heavier that will help. Obviously this is mainly for rhythm playing. If the composer thinks song sounds best in B minor, it's perfectly fine that they then tune to B if required.

Ps. Most of the songs before Hate crew deathroll are in D minor and played mostly in D-tuning. After hatecew they started to write some of the songs(or most of them in some albums) in C-minor so they started to use drop-C tuning. And of course something wild is mainly in C# minor and played in C# tuning(one and half step down from E)

honestly I'm not for downtuning, but it's nice to hear bodom use other keys than D, Dm, Gm, D harmonic minor, phrygian, Cm.
Too many bands just play in one key that is the tuning of the guitar.

I've probably listened 20 times in the past couple days, the first time I was not impressed, sounded like generic melodeath, but this song really grows on you. I really like it and it's definitely a step toward something more interesting. I can hear influences from all their albums, it's got this HoB/RRF/FtR feel in that a sense of melody is the main focus again but still has the attitude of their latest albums. The main riff is a bit bland (when the lyrics start) but I love the rest. I thought the solo was just gunna be a fill but it kept going and it's good to not hear him just shred pentatonics the whole time anymore, even had a sinergy feel at some parts. Solid track, really brings all their eras together well and definitely raises my interest.

Honestly though, that section at the end is what has me most excited, it's just got this cool quick heavy groove to it that gets your head nodding. Sounds like a mix of something off HCDR/BD, can really hear a bit of every album on the songs so hoping the album will have some diversity to it, definitely exicted to hear what else they've got!

The bit at the end sounds very silly, it's like they decided to make another The Rock tribute and did a poor job of it.

I must admit, I like the song now. Leaves high potential for the rest of the album.

Does anybody have a ripped version from that Nuclear Blast CD? I want to have it in better quality for a tab

It's best blasting this song outside at night, gives the song life way more than listening to it in your guitar room. The atmosphere and theme brings your imagination to life when you're in the right environment. I just get this vibe like I'm in the shadow of a goddess whose cloak spreads like storm clouds darkening the sky, there's bats flying around, sport cars roaring by, junkies walking past, a view to the lake from the hill, it's just whole lot cooler and makes me pray the rest of the album is the same. I'm guessing there could be a few songs with this feeling, but it takes so much creativity to keep that atmosphere going, so let's see...

I must admit, I like the song now. Leaves high potential for the rest of the album.

Does anybody have a ripped version from that Nuclear Blast CD? I want to have it in better quality for a tab

I like it aswell..it has a nice melody

still shocked they wrote it it Drop B

still shocked they wrote it it Drop B

Too long this band has been reluctant to radical change. Why spin the same wheels when creativity should be your only limit. So excited to see if they can produce a cult album this late in their career.

Btw amazing that solo part 2:20 - 2:22. And the main riff as backing rhythm. This is fucking amazing, exactly the right cure.

I wonder what tuning the rest of the album will be in. I think Drop B fits well for the slow or mid tempo songs, but Drop C or D for the faster material.

Why? I listened to it around 10 times in drop C but I must say, drop B fits better. The deeper the tuning, the heavier the song will sound.

pff now i need 3 guitars for CoB lol 1 in D, DropC, DropB..not counting the C# of SW.

try finding strings lol, im using 10-52 for D since everything else is to loose, for Drop C i tend to go 11-54 or 10-54 if available.

I wonder what tuning the rest of the album will be in. I think Drop B fits well for the slow or mid tempo songs, but Drop C or D for the faster material.

I Agree

pff now i need 3 guitars for CoB lol 1 in D, DropC, DropB..not counting the C# of SW.

try finding strings lol, im using 10-52 for D since everything else is to loose, for Drop C i tend to go 11-54 or 10-54 if available.

just change the pitch with a daw if you feel the need to play exactly like the song is. Half step up and use a Drop C geetar. Done.

Even I have 3 guitars. And a second keyboard. Stopped playing three years ago because RRF sucked and riffs were too weird to play. Waiting to see how this album is, who knows if I'll pick up some instrument again.

I'm guessing there are songs in all Bodom tunings (except C#), faster and slower songs, shorter and longer songs... better and worse songs. I hope there are at least a few songs as good as the first single. We can only guess what surprises await. I still hope that even if there were many filler songs, they would still focus on one good riff and one good melody and the atmosphere, because I really can't be bothered listening to filler songs for 3:30 if all they have is one neat idea somewhere in the midst.

RRF has some great riffs to play IMO

Examples off the top of my head:

Pre-Chorus to Pussyfoot Miss Suicide
First two riffs in Not My Funeral
Intro melody and first riff of RoundTrip To Hell and Back
All of Cry of the Nihilist

Joonas has gone mad with this song. :D I just hope it won't turn out like it turned out with ADYD and BD where he at first loved them, but later began to hate them. Why do I care what Joonas thinks about the new album? Often his opinion about COB's music are quite close to mine. If he likes it, hopefully I will too.

Joonas has gone mad with this song. :D I just hope it won't turn out like it turned out with ADYD and BD where he at first loved them, but later began to hate them. Why do I care what Joonas thinks about the new album? Often his opinion about COB's music are quite close to mine. If he likes it, hopefully I will too.

He also did it with RRF when he heard the SK sample for the first time.

AYDY - could've been a great album, they should've produced and mixed it with better sounds, saved Trashed, Lost & Strungout for the album, and put Knuckleduster there by getting rid of Next in Line. This way it would've had 9 solid songs and good sound and overall 5 big songs, or actually 6 when the sounds for Punch Me I Bleed would be better.

Blooddrunk - I guess it's more spicy and heavier than Halo of Blood, which has made it seem better, but by the time it was bad (when we still didn't know how bad they could get with RRF) despite having some good songs.

RRF - the sound is great for the best parts, but apart from that it's a horrible album with no soul, just separate riffs seamed back to back, not my taste, maybe for guitar geeks. Worst Bodom album for me, because artistically this album only has 7 minutes of material I find good.

Halo of Blood - as album has died for me, at first I thought it was their third best album, because it sounded fresh, but now I've realized it's faded away and I find all tracks boring except the title track. Maybe I've listened to it too much, but thing is the intense atmosphere of the title track didn't carry through the album, and the album suffers from too tight isolation of the epic ideas, as opposed to spreading them out more evenly across the songs or making them the backbone of the song.

What I'm wishing from IWC is atmosphere, feeling of epicness in songs, more emphasis on artistic feel than technicality.

Lol, they did that before in 20 other songs

But it's rare to have a good riff in an atmospheric song backing the solo.

He also did it with RRF when he heard the SK sample for the first time.

Yeah it was good and very promising, but it turned out the album sound was different and it was just the best bits. It was a depressive day when I heard WIWI on the radio.