"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Halo of Blood had the title track and Transference, didn't it?
Blooddrunk had 3 as Joonas said (HOMT, BD and SPFTD), and RRF had WIWI and Ugly as far as I can remember. Ugly wasn't a proper single, but we got it before the album, I remember listening to it for the first time still :lol:

They had for RRF I think, Amazon and some Chinese/Japanese site.

Cry of the Nihilist was also released before hand. Then we also had the SKO samples.

Cry of the Nihilist was released before album? I don't remember that...

Banned from Heaven was released beforehand in MySpace. Smilex was made into a video after the album was released, also a single CD on some very small event.

We've come to a time when there's no longer single CD's, bands just release a new song online without much fuss. It's better than radio, I think.

Come to think of it, we've even had too much released before the actual album with the last 2/3 albums (HOB wasn't so bad, just 2 singles, BD half the album was out before the album came out), so as eager as I am to listen to it, I hope we only get one more single until october. Although I wouldn't complain about a leak mid-september :lol:

Cry of the Nihilist was also released before hand. Then we also had the SKO samples.
That Tie My Rope demo was on a Bam Margera compilation well before any buzz for BD as well.

True, both of you, I had forgotten that.

Didn't happen the last time. But WIWI video came out before the album so maybe.

Just decided to learn how to play the small intro we hear after Morrigan and this is in Drop B as well. So we might have a full album back in C#/Drop B. Which probably implies a third guitar in live :D

Now that you mentioned it the RtHaB verse riff sounds kinda similar to Morrigan's intro riff.

I wasn't talking about leaks, I was talking about official singles. From BD I only knew it was TMR (and BFH?), WIWI was the only one from RRF and HOB and Transference were released before the album.

Btw... I'm still searching for Morrigan from that Nuclear Blast album. All mp3 files I can find in so called "High Quality" are taken from my YT Version of that song.

Morrigan is really starting to grow on me. I actually have pretty high expectations for new album because of Morrigan. Hope the feel remains the same through the whole album.

I like parts of the feel to Morrigan. But I really hope the rest of the album has a faster tempo. Because its too slow for Bodom. Morrigan has to be one of the slower songs on the album. I dont understand why they would release a slow song as the first one. But I guess it gives us an indication of the changes that will be on IWC

I think it's a very good change to go drop B tuning, cos it (potentially) helps in sounding heavy and dark. Bodom's style of music takes so much creativity to sound dark. The only dark song they wrote after the Blooddrunk (2008) album was Halo of Blood and to a degree Dead Man's Hand - and now Morrigan and hopefully the rest of the the new shit... What people look from metal these days is ever increasingly the darkness and atmosphere, for there's too much metal that's either just noise or trying to sound extremely heavy but lacks the creativity. Everything's been seen. And so many bands sound so dark and heavy with the new recording technology, and Bodom can't linger far behind, unless they can still write songs like SNBN which feel dark despite the relatively high sound and lead-orientation.

What I think makes FTR so damn hard to top is the drum beats go hand-in-hand with the energy provided by the guitars and the atmosphere of the keyboards, it's just constant pulse of melodic, dark creativity, while the soundworld and musical feeling is both dark and invigorating at the same time, which together with the artwork express the dark salvation of joining the Reaper / suicide / alcohol, etc. The drum work is so important on this album. I hope for that same dark and atmospheric energy from the new album, but it seems they have a doomish theme, probably about venting out aggression without alcohol, there's the witchcraft and doom theme going on, sort of like dark fantasies about grudges and revenge, and how you need to study spirituality to survive without alcohol - but even there it's possible to get fucked up when messing around with dangerous subjects like occultism, demonic deities etc, if you seek for dark consolation instead of healing. The issue Alexi mentioned about looking for trouble if life gets too easy ('I worship chaos'), is natural when you're used to being haunted on some level: when things get too hard, you drink, when things get too easy you create stress cos that's the only way you can feel alive. It's easy to fall to the trap of alcohol and women, but if you survive you can eventually find salvation from the healthy stuff, look back and realize you were lost and couldn't love yourself just like the world around you didn't. I've been going thru all this same stuff, these days it's the women with their undeserved sexual dominion that gets me. The source of anger in the album Blooddrunk was the hideous acts of women, according to Alexi. They enslave everything around them under the spell of their sexuality, then treat them with cruelty, this is something that triggers volatile bitterness in a man like a flame that can only be extinguished with self-destructiveness or vengeance.

Nice ideas.

But, speaking of drums, something must happen there. Didn't happen anything interesting there since HCDR I guess, except HOB's return of blastbeats. If beats improve on IWC, I am sure everything will sound darker and more strange too.