"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I can't stop listening to track by track 3 (the widdershins pre-chorus at 2:12). I can't wait to properly hear the keys over the riff. It sounds absolutely incredible. I hope we have a few more moments like that on the album. 1:53 in the same track by track (All For Nothing) sounds phenomenal as well.

Ok, I'll admit it, I Hurt is growing on me a little (killer lyrics and good energy). But still it's nowhere near Halo of Blood quality to me. I still think that the chorus and lack of solo is strange.

I also noticed something, maybe I'm looking into it a bit too much, but it seems like the beginning of I Hurt takes off right after One Bottle from Halo of Blood. Like the theme of One Bottle was about Lake Bodom of course and the whole "final goodbye" thing seemed fitting that it would turn into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. And of course the beginning sample of I Hurt matches that description.

And the final track on this new album is called "Widdershins" (meaning to go counter-clockwise). If the album is disappointing maybe they will go counter-clockwise, back in time, and make a true follow-up to Halo of Blood? One can only hope.

I think it's better than a few songs on HOB like Transference, DBR and OBAAKD. A good solo would have put it up there with the better tracks on HOB. If most of the other songs on the album satisfy my solo quota I'll be okay with the lack of solo on this one. I'm digging the lyrics on it too, especially 'cause and effect and then you die'.

Amorphis - Everytime I Die cover: vocals suck, guitar tone sucks, solo sucks

Suicide Bomber: Best song so far. 3 solos (2 guitar solos (not Laihos best and a bit too short but ok), 1 key solo), standard C# tuning, nice melodies, vocals are ok, atmosphere, nice keys... all in all it could be song from FTR (except the verse which sounds too Halo Of Bloodish)

As long as it's not official through NB, YT will delete it soon.

@BodomBlueMoonHC: It's not "awesome". It's a good song. Better than the other 3 songs. It has some Northern Comfort vibe though... I have to listen to it again a bit more often

As long as it's not official through NB, YT will delete it soon.

@BodomBlueMoonHC: It's not "awesome". It's a good song. Better than the other 3 songs. It has some Northern Comfort vibe though... I have to listen to it again a bit more often

Northern Comfort you say :dopey: I love that song, one of the most underrated imo. Well judging from your description of the song and the sample we already got I think it's safe to say I will love it.

Amorphis - Everytime I Die cover: vocals suck, guitar tone sucks, solo sucks

Suicide Bomber: Best song so far. 3 solos (2 guitar solos (not Laihos best and a bit too short but ok), 1 key solo), standard C# tuning, nice melodies, vocals are ok, atmosphere, nice keys... all in all it could be song from FTR (except the verse which sounds too Halo Of Bloodish)

Yesss! I had the feeling it'd be a good one from the TBT, good to hear it is. I'd ask about the HOB live version, but seeing you didn't even mentioning it I assume it's not even worth asking :lol:

The Amorphis Cover, TBT didn't get me excited at all, the other two did, so I guess expectations met too.

The cd is on two Russian sites as can be easily found with google, but I'm not sure if I want to see if it's legit. Looks like you need to register first and I don't speak Russian.