I would like to know who wrote "unfurl"

With regards to the new direction: YES! I would love an album of songs that mellow and chilly.

32 !! Pro Tools freaks.... ha just kidding unfurl was fantastic. I would love to hear more acoustic guitar on the new album, to be honest I think only one or too songs have that ie a darkness coming and sulphur was it?

How about some piano or trumbones eh.. it would be wild to see if they could pull it of (maybe they will save that till they are drained of ideas).

Personally i think it would be too much (too less) with that kind of general direction. Unfurl is not metal at all, and it seems wrong for Katatonia to leave the metal behind all together. But to fuse it with some fancy metal stuff seems interesting...

exactly what i think. i want guitars. i want REAL drums. i want something you can feel a group of outstanding musicians are contributing/pouring their soul into, not some electronic tabs your computer shit out. and katatonia will always be a metal band to me.... even if they turn electronica

i want something you can feel a group of outstanding musicians are contributing/pouring their soul into, not some electronic tabs your computer shit out.
facepalm.jpg

It is a song that you will lock yourself into your room, and listen to it all night while eaten mac n cheese.