brothers & sisters

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
Have Anders and Jonas any brothers or sisters?
From the lyrics of Chrome it seems that Jonas has a brother. It would be nice to know if their brothers/ sisters have the same interest for music, if they play an instrument , or if they are big Katatonia fans too…

well, i got an older sister,
but she acts pretty oblivious to katatonia and our music and the world we've been living in for the past decade...
...must be sibling jealousy :D

over to jonas...

Originally posted by Blakkheim
well, i got an older sister,
but she acts pretty oblivious to katatonia and our music and the world we've been living in for the past decade...
...must be sibling jealousy :D

over to jonas...

Thanks for the answer!
your sister's attitude sounds familiar to me, my brother shows not so much interest in what I do as well...

Originally posted by Jonas Renkse
Yes, I have a brother. He is 4 years younger than me and his musical taste is defined mostly by reggae music. Sometimes he plays our records to his friends (and they say it sounds like Oasis) but apart from that he's is not very interested I think.

I 've always thought you had a younger brother and I was right!
If he likes reggae I understand why he seems not so intereseted in Katatonia...
By the way, nice to " meet" you again on this forum Jonas!

Originally posted by Jonas Renkse
Yes, I have a brother. He is 4 years younger than me and his musical taste is defined mostly by reggae music. Sometimes he plays our records to his friends (and they say it sounds like Oasis) but apart from that he's is not very interested I think.
Cool....... Brave Murder Day, Dance of December Souls...... like Oasis.....

Nice one!!

:headbang:

o.k, what about you ("forum people"), do you have brothers or sisters and do they have the same interest for music? I got a younger brother (3 years) and we listen to the same kind of music. I´m glad, I get along well with him.

older sister (3 years) - shes into rock/dance and wierd stuff. i put a few songs including Harvest on a cd for her and she said she liked it. she'll never get into metal though, which is a shame.

older brother (1 and a half years) - Hip/hop, all that gangster rap crap where people find it neccessary to say their names at the begginning of each song followed by the words ''ho'', ''bitch'' and ''nigga'' at least 6 times a minute.

Originally posted by _Transparent_

older brother (1 and a half years) - Hip/hop, all that gangster rap crap where people find it neccessary to say their names at the begginning of each song followed by the words ''ho'', ''bitch'' and ''nigga'' at least 6 times a minute.

Exactely the same of my brother! Think that some years ago it was he who introduced me to metal ( he used to buy a cd every week) and then he completely changed his musical tastes, sold half of his metal cds and now he is really into hip-hop and stuff like that...

It's great to have band members post.
I've got a brother older than me just by 2 months (long story here). And I've introduced him to metal but does not likes everything. Better than hip-hop, po(o)p, brethren, huh?
I hope my brother proudly says I'm a musician to his friends just to know that he agrees with my lifestyle.

I have an older brother who is 20 as of yesterday when i was 10 and he was 15 he got me into liking katatonia, opeth, sentenced, etc. and i have 2 other brothers but i dont talk to them much so i dont know what type of music they like

i've got an older sister (4 years) who listens to a bunch of stuff, mostly alt-rock and pop, and dance stuff... strangely tho, she's probably responsible for getting me into metal... she had a few guns n roses & metallica cds that i stole years back, and that's where i got my start :) she's not much of a metal person really, just sorta a pop/rock radio person, which... well, not my pick, but whatever :)

Originally posted by ether

Exactely the same of my brother! Think that some years ago it was he who introduced me to metal ( he used to buy a cd every week) and then he completely changed his musical tastes, sold half of his metal cds and now he is really into hip-hop and stuff like that...

well it just gets wierder then. we used to share a room, good old bunk-beds and we used to listen to Iron Maiden, Megadeth etc. then he started listening to NWA, Wu-Tang Clan etc.

just hope the same dont happen to me. :confused:

hey, is this the family party?

well, i've got a younger sister who listens everything's on mtv, nu-metal included. she never asked me any cd, but i would be pleased to lend her something good to listen to.

but it's me who buy a new cd every week. today, e.g., i bought Devil Doll's "the girl who was... death".

<<ciao daniela... come va? spero che tu non te la prenda troppo per questa mia intromissione nel tuo thread :) ci sentiamo presto...>>

I have a sister who's 31 (or is that 32? I forget...), and a brother who's 35 (or possibly 36 :lol: I'm hopeless with that kind of thing), I'm 24 so there is a fair bit of a gap (can you say accident? :lol: :D). They are both into pop stuff, my sister is into all those boy bands, girl bands, Ricky Martin and that kind of crap. My brother has much better taste than all that. Thankfully they have their own houses so I don't have to hear it all :lol:

I have an older brother, 1977, he has always been into "wilder side of town", including jazz, blues, reggae, drum&bass, whatever.
I owe him. He introduced me to metal back in 1990 (WASP, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden,etc.) and after he taped Tiamat - Wildhoney in late 1995 my whole world changed. AGAIN.
From then on, I was hooked.

LOL it wa slike the guys from katatonia were on the cpu together, when they saw this post..hahah Blackheim posts, he gets off the cpu and Jonas posts..lol I love it when the band members post. Next time I listen to Last fair deal, I'll try really hard to hear the Oasis similarities! :lol: