Others Opinions of Katatonia

i exposed Katatonia to a lot of my friends while they were sitting in my car as i drove to some disco so they had no other choice than to sit quiet and listen, te fuckers. the funny thing is they ALL really enjoyed katatonia, which is very surprising, when you take in count that they only listen to some hip-hop o
r house and crap like this. one of them even knows the lyrisc for VE better than me!

Aprilhäxan said:
You know, for example I tend to read what my boyfriend writes on Hypocrisy forum... Just a warning... Didn't you ever think that your girlfriend can read as well?

Im sure she can....she doesn't have the internet though.....

Who cares? If they aren't into it, they aren't into it.

Not everyone is going to like Katatonia, as great as they are.

Most of my friends like Katatonia.

The funniest Katatonia disliking person of the world is my sister. I try everything to make her understand the beauty of Katatonias music but it's very difficult. I keep forcing her to go to their concerts and last time she said: ok, today was less bad than before but they still sound like a boring version of The Cure/ Paradise Lost :ill: I asked her whether she actually LISTENED to the band and her answer was: Yes, they were singing about fucking nurses or something... Haha, I love my sister... :tickled:

hmm
my brother took his car with Viva Emptiness inside and after a week he already liked it a lot
but when I tried playing him some other katatonia albums (LFGD, TD, DO etc) he didn't took to it

I think katatonia takes some time to like for some people
only after a few listens do they start liking it

I gave it to some friend of mine's too
that and damnation by opeth
and now he likes both :)

i rember when i was introduced to katatonia abt almost 5 years back, i liked it instantanously. i bought LFDGD and play it for abt 6 months everyday. I used to live in a crappy place where those sort of cds where really hard to acces, my next purchase was bmd. And i loved it. I dowload all their albums to know how they sounded like, and finally gave in to buy them, which was sorta expensive (abt 33 usd dlls for album since they were brough from USA). After that i tried to pull more ppl into their music and the only one i could was this girl at my school whos a total pop listener it was fun seeing all her britney spears, and christina aguilera cds along with LFDGD. She loved sweet nurse and teargas. But as its been said before it takes time to like them plus you have to sort of know what the band is about and how they have progressed.

i was hangin out with my best bud one night drinking and i started playing discouraged ones, he loves them now. we were just sitting and drinking and talking and then we stopped talking for a second and hes like, 'who the fuck is this?' 'katatonia' 'holy shit' 'yea, ill let you borrow 'em' 'fuck yea' so i gave him discouraged one and viva emptiness. made a believer out of him. one thing i hear alot of is 'i dont like his voice'. its 'cause his voice is so unique. it doesn't fit the normal tone people have or scale that most people use. i think it has somethin to do with his accent too. i personally think his voice is cool as fuck, but i can really understand why some people dont dig it. sometimes it doesn't work but who the fuck said music has to work. if you have the balls and heart to write lyrics and get up and sing them and love it so much you try to improve and overcome then you OWN respect. thats that.