Ian Gillan Screams

For me, this is such an underrated song.

Bob Daisley on Bass on this album. Of course, Daisley was the chap whom worked with Randy Rhoads, and wrote most of the lyrics on Ozzy Osbournes `Blizzard of Oz ` and `Diary of a Madman albums`. With Rhoads he wrote the songs too. I mean, Mr.Crowley and Crazy Train and all the others. Sarzo was not on any of those albums. Interestingly it was Don Airey, the Rainbow Keyboardist from ` Down to Earth` whom was keyboardist on those two albums also. Great times.

Last edited:
That `Gethsemane` video, I am assuming its Graham Bonnet ! :tickled:

Read carefully, as I pointed it is Gillan.

I disagree with you Brother Vern. I think JLT is a great singer. His problem was that he is a great singer of stuff like AOR and such, not a great metal/hard rock singer. I thought he was great with Yngwie though.

And I disagree with your disagreement, basically any band JLT came upon become as you pointed well AORish, and lost strength. Above all Yngwie releases.

I think he has a reverse Midas touch LOL

So in the JLT thread about Graham Bonnet I think it's appropriate to wish some guy named Ian Gillan a happy 73rd birthday.

That `Gethsemane` video, I am assuming its Graham Bonnet ! :tickled: If it is him, and it looks like him, he looks like one of those not-right baddies out of a Spaghetti Western :tickled:.

That is Ian Gillan on vocals

Blackmore sacked Bonnet because he refused to grow his hair on the tour, and Rainbow fans expected the band to look the part. Bonnet, who was into the beach boys, apparently, he kept threatening to get his hair cut again. So Blackmore had a guard put on Bonnets door to stop him getting out and doing it. But, he sneaked out through a window and `did it`. So Blackmore, when he saw him on stage that night said he was repeatedly refraining himself from putting his guitar around the back of Bonnets head, because he felt Bonnet did it to spite him. ( never a dull moment with Blackmore ). After sacking Bonnet he said that he was looking for a singer that `didn't just shout at the top of his voice`. :tickled: I am not calling Bonnet, just reminiscing.

Graham Bonnet quit Rainbow along with his friend Cozy Powell...

Reactions: Wyvern
The guitarist that Gillan used on his IMO better solo albums ( than the not as good solo albums :tickled: ) called Bernie Tormé, has died recently, if anyone didn't know, and it is a great shame, he was a great guy.

Of course, Bernie is on the left with blonde hair and a strat.

The bald headed Bassist is John McCoy ( if I remember how to spell his surname correctly )

Again, a long time ago.