Ibanez Prestige RG2610 ?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I am selling a Gibson Les Paul Studio with P90s that hardly ever gets used in the studio.
I can get an Ibanez Prestige RG2610 as a trade for it.
http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/ibanez-prestige-rg2610e-team-j-craft-with-hardcase/4145841
Anyone here played or recorded one?
It looks amazing but would need to be pretty special to make it worth my while.

Guitars I already have that are suitable for metal are ESP M1NTB, ESP Eclipse Custom, Ibanez RG550 ltd with rosewood board, Charvel 375DLX, PRS Custom 24.
I will also have an American Charvel pro mod in the next week or so.
I also have a Les Paul standard and American deluxe tele for the non metal clients so I won't really miss the p90 LP.
I would probably sell the 550 if the 2610 was better than it.
Opinions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I've played one. It's nice, nothing special. Just standard prestige build. About even on trade for an LP Studio value wise. Get a 7-string Universe if you're looking in the Ibanez vein. It'll be more versatile.

I have a non-Prestige Japanese RG570 from '98 and a Prestige RGA121 from '05 or '06, and they both feel about the same quality to me (which is great for both and definitely above the Korean and Indo Ibanez stuff I've tried).

So yeah, you'll probably get slightly different looks, slightly different tone, slightly different neck profile, and slightly different-feeling trem, but it's probably pretty close to the RG550 that you have now if it's Japanese, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the replies.
I think I will wait and see what other offers I get for the Les Paul.