Ibanez rg1527 or Jackson SLSMG?

IronMan1993

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2012
Hi guys,

In a bit of a dilemma, someone has offered to buy my Jackson RR5FR that I had on Gumtree for £600 and with the funds I was originally going to save an buy the SLSMG. However I was on Gumtree today an saw an Ibanez rg1527, the only thing with it was it had be custom painted (I liked it) An therefore the guy was selling it for £400. With that saving I could quite easily get a damn good pair of dimarzio's or a pair of Bare Knuckles to complete it. Which do you's think I should go for? I like the Jackson because it is solid mahogany and with the actives already in place I've got a killer guitar for lead/rhythm and I can change tunings as I want, but the £400 1527 is calling me Especially as I've been after one for quite a while but used they're quite rare in the uk. If the rg was fixed bridge then it would be a no brainer, but the Floyd Rose is bugging me haha.

I'm tempted by Jackson but that ibanez is also very good and to be honest I'd just block the floyd or use a Tremol-no. Still need to find a place that stocks the slsmg nearby so I can try it. Hopefully it is £500 better than the 1527.