Iced Earth 10.22.08

So I'm listening to The Crucibles of Man,and it's really nothing special. It's mediocre tbh.

But then, maybe I'm biased considering I'm a huge fan of their earlier work.

Crucible of Man is a grower...I love it.

For my part, in a perfect world they would re-record the second album as well, with Tim's singing. I know that won't happen, but it would be cool to have two versions of the whole story...completely sung by both singers. I'll take what I can get though...I'll be buying this boxset for sure.

For my part, in a perfect world they would re-record the second album as well, with Tim's singing. I know that won't happen, but it would be cool to have two versions of the whole story...completely sung by both singers.

That would be something isn't it? I definitively would get COM with Owens on vocals.

I went to see Iced Earth last night, I was hoping to get an interview face to face but I never did get a call from their tour manager. If you get a chance to see them do so. There's a couple of this to note this band is on par with the touring line-up for The Glorious Burden. Wow! My jaw simply hit the dirty, grimy floor of the shit venue that they had to performed at. I really had to think hard about this one as ZZ Top, another of my all-time favorite bands was playing the same night across town. The venue had horrible acoustics, the soundman couldn't get it together, the openers were both mediocre at best, that said their set was flawless. One thing that I noticed about Barlow, for those of you that have seen Iced Earth in the last couple of months let me know if you'd agree. Matt appears to have taken a book from Owens as far as his stage presence, the show boxing, the fist pumping, ect. They did a few tracks from the Owns era and it's clear why Tim sang on those albums, Matt just can't hit the notes, granted different kind of singer but no modifications were made to fit Barlow's ability. In the end the thing was fucking awesome. The last two times ZZ Top has been in town I've had to pass on them because another band was playing the saem night this past August I went to see Crufest and last night Iced Earth. Maybe the next time around... I'm serioulsy considering going to see Edguy and Kamelot this friday though it's at the same venue of the Iced Earth show...

I'm seeing them tonight. Thanks for the heads up on the openers, as my friend and I were considering getting there late-ish so we can eat. Now I know it's no big deal. Can't wait! I'm addicted to the last two albums.

I've never really been able to get into Edguy's cds, but I could see how their live show could be fun.

I've never really been able to get into Edguy's cds, but I could see how their live show could be fun.

I like their music, they have yet to make an album that I would rate a solid 5 out of 5. I have been looking on the internet and it sounds like they play about 7 songs on this tour. All hits, I think I shoot over to the city catch their set and get back home before 11:00 PM.

Yeah, it´s fun but Tobias doesn´t usually hit a note.

Iced Earth always plays "Burning times".. fortunately. I saw them at Graspop Festival in june and it was the best show of the whole weekend. Matt Barlow :worship:.

Jon Schaffer is ICED EARTH but without Matt it has no sense for me (and I saw three times with Ripper and one of them was very, very good).

The San Francisco Iced Earth show was awesome. Like Portland, not the greatest venue, but fine enough. Setlist was killer, though I did feel the latest album was maybe under-represented by about 2 songs. Oh well.
I can't remember every song, they did:
parts of the Gettysburg thing
The Coming Curse
Declaration Day
My Own Saviour
Ten Thousand Strong
Stormrider
Burning Times
Motivation of Man
Behold the Wicked Child
I Walk Alone
Iced Earth
Dracula
Watching over Me
Meloncholy
...and at least 3 or 4 others.

It was a long show. Very pro, very cool, very tight. Barlow rules. I thought he hit the Owens notes a little better than you thought he did Sixx, but I was also allowing for the fact that even Tim sounds winded after some of the long choruses (if Youtube is anything to judge by).

It was the best, pure old-school-ish metal show I've seen in some time. I got a shirt and a limited edition poster made up just for the San Francisco show - a very cool poster! You gotta buy the Iced Earth merch, it's like all the Maiden candy you used to have as a kid! Haha.

Great freaking show.

Crucible is certainly a grower, and it has some of the finest tracks the band has put out in some time (Sacrificial Kingdoms and Come What May) but their earlier work, namely Burnt Offerings and the Dark Saga certainly have yet to be matched.

And Pyramaze's Immortal just completely destroys Crucible. Matt is freaking God on that CD, and the music is just so much more inspired.