Iced Earth Update

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
ICED EARTH Completes Work On New Single; More Album Details Revealed - Mar. 16, 2007 ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has sent the following update to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"I just wanted to give you an update of what's happening in ICED EARTH world.

"We just finished mixing and mastering the [new] single, which will be titled 'Overture of the Wicked' and should be released in late May or early June. The four songs that will be featured on this are as follows:

01. Ten Thousand Strong
02. Prophecy
03. Birth of the Wicked
04. The Coming Curse

"'Ten Thousand Strong' will be the song that we will be filming a video for in the following months, most likely in June right around the Sweden Rock festival.

"I'm very happy with the results of our efforts. We've been really working hard on delivering something special to you guys and this single is just a hint of things to come, and it's freakin' awesome.

"We will be finishing the rest of production for Part 1 over the course of the next few weeks, with plans to mix in the early part of May. The title of the full release is 'Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1)' and should be out in the late August/September time frame. The 'Framing Armageddon' tracklist will appear as follows:

01. Overture
02. Something Wicked (Part 1)
03. Invasion
04. Man's Motivation
05. The Setian Massacre
06. A Charge to Keep
07. Reflections
08. Ten Thousand Strong
09. Execution
10. Order of the Rose
11. The Clouding
12. Infiltrate and Assimilate
13. Retribution Through the Ages
14. Something Wicked (Part 2)
15. The Domino Decree
16. Framing Armageddon
17. When Stars Collide (Born is He)
18. The Awakening

"The working title of Part 2 is 'Revelation Abomination Something Wicked (Part 2)' and the tracklist is as follows:

01. The Sacred Flames
02. Behold the Wicked Child
03. Minions of the Watch
04. A Gift or a Curse
05. I Walk Among You
06. Harbinger of Fate
07. Ancient Rage of the High Priest
08. A Gathering Threat / Time Marches On
09. Sacrificial Kingdoms
10. Something Wicked (Part 3)
11. Divide Devour
12. Conspiracy / Pilgrimage In Guile
13. Come What May

"The final tracking and mixing for Part 2 will take place between the festivals and world tour and will have a targeted release in February/March of 2008.

"Due to family health issues, Bo Wallace will not be able to be involved with ICED EARTH. I played the bass guitar parts on the single and we will be bringing Dennis Hayes, who worked with Tim [Owens, vocals] on his BEYOND FEAR side project, in to play on parts of the remainder of the recording. He will be doing the live shows as well."

This is gonna be good. :heh:

Funny "single" release though, the title isn't the same as for the video track, & there's got to be like 30 minutes of music on this thing in total. It's more like an EP.

18 tracks on Framing Armageddon?! Shit, that probably means a lot of short songs & no long epics. This is my most anticipated album for 2007, so I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

Oh boy, this will be spectacular...success or failure, this will be spectacular either way. Anyone know if Iced Realms is coming back? That forum ain't no more, and I'd really like another IE forum to go to...

Looking forward to this. I never got into Barlow's vocals and Owens was just the thing IE needed. Schaffer successfully tested some new epic waters with the awesome Gettysburg trilogy (best IE song ever) so this one could very well be something truly remarkable.

this will be DAMN good Iced Earth is one of my favourites bands, i have to say that i was like more iced earth before with the other guy on the vocals but Ripper Owens is a good singer too...:headbang:

I'm surprised you guys like Ripper so much over Barlow, usually it's the other way around. I prefer Barlow personally, but Ripper does a fantastic job in IE. I thoroughly detest his solo album though...

I'm afraid I'm one of those... I personally feel Barlow was perfect for IE because he put so much emotion in, which IMO lacks with Ripper and generally vocalists with that style. For me it's too much technique and not enough emotion. For me as a former huge fan, it was so bad I was heartbroken. I liked only some of the songs on the last album and when I saw them live with Ripper I almost cried. He did well on the new songs, but oh man the old ones.... he really killed those. For me anyway ;)
Nevertheless.. when they're all happy, more power to them :) I lose, others win, eh?

I'll still be curious about this new work because it's supposed to be a continuation of the Something Wicked trilogy which to me is still one of the highlights of their whole career.

I'm afraid I'm one of those... I personally feel Barlow was perfect for IE because he put so much emotion in, which IMO lacks with Ripper and generally vocalists with that style. For me it's too much technique and not enough emotion. For me as a former huge fan, it was so bad I was heartbroken. I liked only some of the songs on the last album and when I saw them live with Ripper I almost cried. He did well on the new songs, but oh man the old ones.... he really killed those. For me anyway ;)
Nevertheless.. when they're all happy, more power to them :) I lose, others win, eh?

I'll still be curious about this new work because it's supposed to be a continuation of the Something Wicked trilogy which to me is still one of the highlights of their whole career.

Matter of preferance, nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you're curious and want to take a listen at the new stuff.

Looking forward to this. I never got into Barlow's vocals and Owens was just the thing IE needed. Schaffer successfully tested some new epic waters with the awesome Gettysburg trilogy (best IE song ever) so this one could very well be something truly remarkable.

Gettysburg was the best thing they ever did.

I'm looking forward to hearing their new stuff

I feel exactly as you do on the emotion thing, Barlow just seemed to have it, and when Ripper tried he sang excellent on most songs, but the songs that required emotion could have used Barlow. Thinking of "When the Eagle Cries" here...

Hey dude, I notice you got Brainstorm in your sig, I've never heard them, but while I was looking for Imagika CDs on Amazon they came up as recommended, maybe you should check Imagika out. Kick ass band, I'd recommend "And So It Burns" and "Devils On Both Sides" especially the latter. Lot of IE fans are into Imagika, similar style, but on another level as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if you were already an Imagika fan.:Smokin:

I prefer Barlow's vocals not going to lie. Barlow is my favorite metal singer but I am still going to get this CD because I love Something Wicked and would love to have another CD like it but better. Hopefully everything will turn out for the best.

I don't get those Gettysburg chills at all (I meaning musically, not lyrically), but that's why I'm curious if they can really get to the Something Wicked trilogy level again ;)

Imagika.... of course I LOVE Imagika!!!!!!!!! Bay Area thrash rules anyway! (Brainstorm is a sort of mix of Vicious Rumors style metal, thrash and some power metal) :headbang:

If you have the original "the glorious burden" the whole meaning is explained in the booklet. Both the lyrical and musical. For instance when you hear "high water mark" there's this silent and calm piece followed by the loud. The loud part is the line of a mile long charging and the calm part are the other forces who sit and wait on the hills till they are close enough to rip them apart. I find it magnificant

First of all, IE "used" to be one of my favorite bands... This new mess is just that, pure utter crap.:cry:

Find a real, permanent lead player. Get a better producer. And sorry to say this, Ripper will never ever be a speck on the map compared to Barlow. Paul Stanley or not, he was the singer for IE.

I am thinking that the full disc is going to blow.

I prefer Barlow myself ,but I thought the Glorious Burden was a great Cd. Ripper fits in fine with me :headbang: