Iced Earth - Dracula (Cover)

akarawd

Aug 30, 2004
www.ogregomixmaster.net
Hi all

Here's a favourite of mine, tracked with the help of
Hugo Ribeiro (Drums) and Chris Zindros (Fretless Bass)
whereas I recorded gtrs, bass and vocals.

Used a Les Paul Custom with emg81 and a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 NT
through SinMix and G1 Production Kemper profiles for the guitars and through Splattbass profiles for bass.

More info in the youtube link below :

Hope you like it
Than

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! great cover, mixing- and performance-wise. i did not expect such a great voice when i saw "IE cover", really cool!

wow! great cover, mixing- and performance-wise. i did not expect such a great voice when i saw "IE cover", really cool!

KHE... thanks dude, it means a lot that you liked the vocals....I'm quite conscious about my voice and always apprehensive ... I'm glad this one worked out ok vocally. Many thanks for your comment!

The best one yet!!!

"yet" is the key word here ;)

For those of you who are thinking of hiring someone to play your drum parts.... not a single quantised note here... it's all Hugo Ribeiro. And I almost forgot... recorded without a click track!

Dude, this is fucking incredible! Great to see some Iced Earth covers!

Thanks man ; true about the IE covers (and 80s-90s metal in general)

Great cover, mates!
The vocals are very charismatic. I've liked kick and snare sounding as well.

You have no idea how much it means to me to know that you liked the vocals. The kick and snare were replaced with Terry Date samples (which I prefer to the Slate pack).

This sounds awesome dude, your best yet! I'm glad you got someone to do the fretless bass part, and your vocals sound amazing!

Many thanks dude :) We'll be in touch for future songs, you're always among those at the top of my list !