Need Feedback to finalize our EP Mix! (6505 / Sansamp / real drums)

HvO

Sep 25, 2009
Hi, I need your help and some fresh ears ;-)

Production Info

Drums:
- real drums (ddrum - acoustic set)
- kick: replaced with slate kick
- snare: 50% own trigger snare sample

Guitars:
- quad tracked
- 6505 > Mesa Recto 4x12 > 1xSM57 > Motu 896 MK3
- guitar: Epiphone les paul custom
- pickups: Seymour Duncan SAHB-3B BLK Blackout

Bass:
- bass guitar: warwick thumb 4 string
- 50% DI Signal / 50% Sansamp 8 (+ 1 dirt track reamped through a 6505)

UPDATE:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5645638/recording/snippet_t4_v152.mp3

I am grateful for any opinion!

Sounds great to me. I messed with some eq on it and I think it just needs some more presence on the whole mix. I wouldn't mess with it much more than that. That's just me though. :)

Can't say I'd be adding presence to that. The guitars are already bright enough for me. Nice balance though. When do the vocals start?

thanks for your replies! i will test the presence thing on the whole mix - could work.

the vocals on that track starts right after the end of the snippet. maybe i will upload tomorrow another track with vocals!

And I am unconfident with the bass area... is it clean enough, fat enough or whatever?!? (info; my reference is "The Obsidian Conspiracy" )

I think it sounds fucking awesome.

Only thing I think could get a little better would be to have some clarity on the vocals, they sound kind of far away right now. But that might be the point aswell, but I would prefer some more high mids on it. Just a matter of taste and it already sounds fucking killer.

I agree with the clarity on the vocals. Push it a bit, they sound quite buried.
I like the snare sound! the bass drum could need some more punch in the lows for my taste.