Real Drums, Real Amps, Real Playing, Real Heavy. Feedback needed!

CivereSounds

Zakk Cervini
http://soundcloud.com/zakkcervini/g-real-drums-real-guitar

I got sick of people in my area telling me i over produce stuff, so i made this. Tracked tight as hell, all natural.

Guitar was a fender strat (drop G#) with a baritone neck running through a peavey 6505+ and avatar cab just miced with a 57 on axis off center. All that is on the guitar is an eq and a tight gate, there is NO guitar editing/reamping/studio magic!

Drums are tracked and quantized, kick is triggered, toms are natural, snare is a combo, overheads are natural

Bass is direct in through a sansamp rackmount

Vocals are layered like crazy with an sm7b and mxl condenser. There is also no vocal editing, and there's 8 vocal tracks in some parts

Let me know what you think =)

http://soundcloud.com/zakkcervini/g-real-drums-real-guitar

I got sick of people in my area telling me i over produce stuff, so i made this. Tracked tight as hell, all natural.

Guitar was a fender strat (drop G#) with a baritone neck running through a peavey 6505+ and avatar cab just miced with a 57 on axis off center. All that is on the guitar is an eq and a tight gate, there is NO guitar editing/reamping/studio magic!

Drums are tracked and quantized, kick is triggered, toms are natural, snare is a combo, overheads are natural

Bass is direct in through a sansamp rackmount

Vocals are layered like crazy with an sm7b and mxl condenser. There is also no vocal editing, and there's 8 vocal tracks in some parts

Let me know what you think =)
:yow:

Sometimes you just gotta know when enough is enough.

Also, I love how people say that the drums are all real and then later you figure out that the kick is replaced. Haha.

Maybe its my little speakers at work but i can't hear the bass that well. I feel like the bass should be more present. I think overall the balance is pretty good. Cool song too. Good work.

atta boy!
the more natural, the better!
sounds good.

thats how every song from that genre should be produced, in my opinion.
i do it that very same way when it comes to this music.

i woulda lowered the gain on the 6505, in my opinion.
when you crank that chick, it gets a little too grainy

Can you tell us where you did the lo/hi-pass for the guitars?

I think the sound is really good for that type of music. Sounds really dark and aggressive...I guess that's what probably gets lost with extreme editing and the use of all kinds of unnecessary effects.