Iced Earth News

Fangface said:
Ripper propably earns little money from this past, since he never wrote a song while in Priest. (except from a forgotten bonus track if I'm not mistaken)

Makes you wonder what kind of deal he got with Winters Bane?? Probably $1000-5000 to record with no royalties..... :Smug:

Dodens Grav said:
He lost it many years ago, in fact, right after Burnt Offerings. He's lost the notion of fresh riffage, and forgot that it's possible to play things other than endless galloping riffs that go nowhere and some of the worst ballads this side of Hair Metal. Honestly, the only good things he's done in many years was to bring in Tim Owens, but that's meaningless without the material to back it up.

Man, I disagree with you. I do agree that getting Tim in the band was a great move though.

sixxswine said:
Could be. I think he still gets money from his performances on the Priest records & DVD... That Winter's Band record is fucking killer!

Would it be a stretch to call it a "concept" record? Winter's Bane, that is?

And, I agree .... kick ass tunes

Dodens Grav said:
No, I just decided not to fuck off, but instead crank up their first album and enjoy the band in their good era.

Good cause I was just messin with ya anyway! :wave: My Personal Favorite will always be Stormrider and I do agree with you about Tim Owens!

sixxswine said:
ICED EARTH Mainman Says Singer TIM OWENS Will Have Little Songwriting Input On New Album - Aug. 3, 2005

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, the concept predates Owens and yeah Owens may not be able to write a song. But still Jon comes off as a bit of a control freak. It's his band, and he's doing a good job overall. But it would be better if he had a co-writer to keep things fresher and particularly if he had a ripping lead guitar player as a permanent band member.

Love,

The Whiney Sore Foot Guy

Pabla said:
:err: you big buncha babies! YOU are complaining about your feet... what about us girls who wear high heels eh?

I call it SEXY!
h030.gif

I do love the band and as I've stated in the past, I've been with them since the day the first album came out. On any album post Burnt Offerings, I'm not really a fan of the ballads. IE is at their best with Jon riffing like a madman, not strumming cliched dirges. Things could change for the better with Tim's range, but probably not until Jon shares a bit of the writing.

I just got the DVD in the mail today. I'm anxious to see it!!!