Iced Earth...The Pride Of U.S. Metal...

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
I feel like a part of the Iced Earth/Blind Guardian family! :headbang:

Iced Earth needs to come to Arizona.

I hate it when people say "the metal scene is a shambles" then they have the NERVE to say "I don't know if I'd like blah blah blah bands if they were popular." You need to SHUT THE HELL UP and be thankful you have what you have: music, friends, the scene (which will never die) and this forum! Like what you like, love what you love, stop wasting time with biases and pigeonholing. I've grown out of hating bands just because they're popular, therefore I know it's possible! I don't like popular bands because I think American pop music victims are the worst thing in the fucking world and I feel sorry for them. I want to be an individual. Not a fucking clone. That's pretty much the way I think Jon feels from his interviews. He talks about it too much though. He's such a great guy if he would be more of a musician than a businessman.

I like Nevermore more as a band anyways because they stand apart from all this "best US band" BS. They have no illusions of where they are at in the public's eye. Popularity is fine I guess, but they just play. Makes me wanna shed a tear.

Hope I didn't just contradict myself...btw whatever is wrong with Iron Maiden's stage shows? Not a damn thing....

The good American bands are out there...just look!!! If you like this type of metal, check out Archetype from Ohio! Support music, not fashion!!!!!!!

...But they aren't. Jon's riffs, despite there being only about 2 of them :lol:, are incredible! Always getting stuck in my head and shit. It's annoying, and yet.. cool.

I worship IE!!!

fortunately I was a roadie for them in Copenhagen last february!!!!

Ek sá álfana = hahaha that´s ancient icelandic

Originally posted by Schraiber
Jon's riffs, despite there being only about 2 of them :lol:, are incredible!

Wouldn't that make them the greatest punk band in the history of mankind???:lol:

i have became an iced earth fan recently. and there stuff is good, but then again i think europe has better bands than anything in the us as of right now. all most all the popular metal is all pure bullshit. im sorry if i have offended anyone, but im sick of linkin park and crap like that. its ont music its a waste of time.

I disagree with you somewhat. You are only looking at the commercial rock bands the US has put out. You are forgetting about many great US bands like Nevermore, Kamelot, Jag Panzer, Garden of Shadows, Skinless, Nile and Symphony X who have come out in the 90's. It is true that not too many new bands are coming out of the US lately and Northern Europe as a whole is by far dominate in producing great metal bands.

well i think you know what i meant, and sure there are a few select bands in the us that ae worth listening to, i just have to look harder thats all. and no Iced Earth isnt too commercial, hell..i cant even get all there cds at a circuit city or best buy. i got horror show from C.C, but then i gotta the them from The End...

flaming fetus you dont listen to much death metal do you?

or much metal for that matter...

linkin park isnt metal, and anyone who tells you they are should be shot.

go do yourself a favor and listen to Death, greatest death metal band of all time, not to mention the originator of the genrea

-(Death fan) Necromancer

Originally posted by NecromancerAlpha
flaming fetus you dont listen to much death metal do you?

or much metal for that matter...

linkin park isnt metal, and anyone who tells you they are should be shot.

go do yourself a favor and listen to Death, greatest death metal band of all time, not to mention the originator of the genrea

-(Death fan) Necromancer

what do you mean? i listen to a different types, im not a death metal fan really, slayer...thats pretty much it in that catigory
if you like i can list bands that i like. and if there only in a few catigory's then o'fucking well.

Originally posted by Fuþorc
Hey, Flaming Fetus, I love your Sig.

Sir Robin. The Not so brave as Sir Lancelot.

thanx, its one of my favorite parts in the movie, my actual favorite part is the king of swamp castle talking to the guard...a classic:lol: