Iced Earth...The Pride Of U.S. Metal...

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
NU Metal Sucks!!! I wish Ozzfest included bands like Iced Earth, Zero Hour, and other good bands that need more exposure. Pantera and Slayer have been on the bill lately, but for the most part it's all commercial crap nu-metal. If a band has ever had a DJ Or MC then they are not metal. It's American culture right now that really sucks. There are a few of us that are staying true, but most young white kids are acting like they come from the ghetto and listen to 311 and linkin park and limp bizkit, all of which are ghetto-rap influenced. I think these younger music fans are seeing the world with different eyes and I don't like what they see. I don't like the African influenced rythyms and all the "yo! Yo! Word!" These people can't even speak English.. I read some of the postings from the international metal fans on this sight and they all communicate better in English than thes wiggers that like rap and nu-metal. It's okay to hate shit!!!!!!!!

Jack Osbourne is picking all the bands! Ozzy needs to give him a good kick in the @$$!

People have different opinions, that's a fact. People may like, oh say, Nevermore over Iced Earth. That's just fine.

But Iced Earth are the only ray of hope for classic heavy metal to make a comeback. Therefore, they are the pride and hope of U.S. Metal...

Cauldron Born, Twisted Tower Dire, Zandelle, Gothic Knights and many others are biggest hopes for a "classic heavy metal comeback" and they are all u.s. bands..simply they dont have the "digital, boring" production that iced earth have, and their metal is not like iced earth's, iced earth's metal is more easily predicted than a weather report....

P.S. But the real hope for a real classic metal comeback is DOOMSWORD from Italy check them out :www.truemetal.org/doomsword

Iced Earth are as predictable as the weather... :D

And you're from Greece too!!!

Isn't that like...blasphemy??? :lol:

Yes i am in greece, i have seen iced earth 4 times in my life the first one when i was 15 years old and i liked them more , (now i am 21) iced earth here are taken seriously mainly by 14 year olds , thousands of them are going to their gigs(not kidding) and as they grow up they dig up the u.s. metal history , mainly the 80s period and find a lot more interesting bands..that u are not aware of them...

That's cool. But I do think they rank with the very best of U.S. Metal...with any U.S. heavy metal band.

Well, I can name a good number of great U.S. metal bands too...

I'm just saying these guys are just as great. They're my Iron Maiden. I'm following them 'till the end.

LONG LIVE ICED EARTH!

Iced Earth & Blind Guardian...

DON'T BREAK THE CIRCLE!

Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer come to mind...

But that's the cream of the crop!

Iced Earth are awesome! I love 'em, anyways.

Queensryche, Fates Warning, Helstar, Psychotic Waltz, Nevermore..and the bands u already said are just some of the many bands that are the diamonds and iced earth the "shit" (in comparison)

Queensryche IS NOT better than Iced Earth!!!

But that's my opinion, of course.

And I just started to get into Nevermore, so I don't want to compare just now...

HAHAHAH Queensryche are 2344123512435342532 times better than Iced Earth , Iced Earth can only dream of writting one second of "Operation Mindcrime", pray for a drum hit of "Rage For Order" lick legs for the rythm section of "Warning" make blowjobs for the seducing atmosphere of "Promised Land" and give millions for the energy and power of "Queensryche ep"..and of course Geoff Tate of QR is the fav singer of Matt Barlow who always talks about him with more respect than anyone !

Matt Barlow is better than Geoff Tate. Sometimes, the students are better than the teachers...it happens.

Of Course if u would tell that to barlow he would laugh at u...but generally this thing "Barlow is better than Tate" can make a good joke...u really think that barlow can make the scream Tate does on "Queen Of The Reich"?...and this is just an example