Iced Earth tour

Psychonaut

God Of Emptiness
Nov 29, 2002
Second left after Wal-Mart
Visit site
Just a short summary of the tour for all those interested.

This, by far, is the absolute best I have seen Iced Earth play. Make no fucking mistake, Tim Owens is the front man now and although I don't want to take anything away from Matt, Tim fucking dominated. His voice is simply amazing and he handles the old stuff without any problems at all. From classics like "Angel's Holocaust" and "Iced Earth" through the "Something Wicked" trilogy, he was flawless while hitting notes that did nothing but hang peoples mouths open in sheer amazement. I would have to say that the real treat for me was the performance of Gettysburg from start to finish. Jon still deftly skirts around playing any songs from Burnt Offerings and I really wish they would add at least one to the set someday. It's too bad that album was written during such a hard time in his life, as it is easily one of my favorites.

Anyway, for any of you remotely interested in seeing this tour, I would STRONGLY advise you spend the money to see them. It's worth it.

wow thanks for the report dude, I hope I'll catch them at Bang Your Head festival this year :loco:
Ripper's vocals have grown on me with Glorious Burden and now I think he's the best singer the band has ever had.

The US setlist has been posted on the net :

01. Star Spangled Banner
02. Declaration Day
03. Burning Times
04. Angels Holocaust
05. Vengeance Is Mine
06. Violate
07. Melancholy
08. Green Face
09. Red Baron
10. When The Eagle Cries
11. My Own Savior
12. Dracula
13. Something Wicked (Trilogy)
14. Gettysburg
15. Iced Earth

I am really looking forward to seeing ICED EARTH. I might try and catch one of the US performances while we´re there but if not I already have tickets for a show in my area - I just hope they announce soon when the show will be because the ticket is from the cancelled date.

Just seen it!!! Last night in fact, Iced earth was the best that I have ever seen, the ripper works out for them. Now, I really wanted to see Children of Bodom, I have been a big fan and waited for them to tour for a long time. Now after waiting through several cancellations you would think they would put effort into a few things, sound, and the quality. Well, they didn't, Alexi was so drunk I watched gag quite a few fuckin times, and it was the worst sounding show that I've seen in a long time. When you look forward to seeing a band for about 5 years then they show up playing off tune songs and almost missing solos it was a little disspointing. Warmen who plays the keys seemed to be they only one who managed to impress me, they played 2 songs of Hatebred....and all the rest of Hate crew.....Nothing of Something wild or Follow the Reaper. Overall a let down, but still a huge bodom fan.

Got my tix for the Atlanta show in less than two weeks right here next to me. :D I can't wait, as I had to miss them the last two tours thru here because of my work schedule. NOT THIS TIME!!! I'm taking vacation! woohoo!

I agree about the Burnt Offerings album - quite possibly my favorite.

~Hoyt.