Iced Earth- Tribute To The Gods

DaysOfPurgutory2

The Grand Design
Jul 27, 2002
Visit site
I thought this was a pretty good tribute cd but on the other hand it could've been better. Some of the covers i didnt really give a shit for.

1. Creatures Of The Night (KISS) - 9/10
2. The Number Of The Beast (Iron Maiden) - 10/10
3. Highway To Hell (AC/DC) - 6/10
4. Burnin' For You (Blue Oyster Cult) - 7/5
5. God Of Thunder (KISS) - 8/10 *not the best, but Jon did a hell of a job with the vocals, thumbs up*
6. Screaming For Vengeance (Judas Priest) - 10/10
7. Dead Babies (Alice Cooper) - 3/10
8. Cities On Flames (Blue Oyster Cult)- 8/10
9. It's A Long Way To The Top (AC/DC) - 7/10
10. Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath) - 10/10 *flawless effort, this version gives you goosebumps just like the original does*
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden) - 10/10

Final Rating: 8/10

Hopefully Jon does some Dio, old Ozzy, and more Priest and Maiden tunes on the next tribute cd.....that is if their is gonna be one!

Their covers seem limiting. Kiss, Maiden, AC/DC, Blues Oyster Cult are done multiple times, surely they must other bands that has influenced them past and present.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd rate Tribute for the Gods a 8.5/10 , since i like the Highway to hell cover

Their covers could've been a bit more diverse, but their covers of these particular songs are some of the best covers I've heard of them. I liked it for the most part. I would probably give it an 8.7 :D

I don't like the God of Thunder cover. I prefer to be included a Dio song instead.

I'm asking for major flame, but isn't Barlow just a little bit(read:VERY) overrated?

Other than that screechy annoying falsetto, he has a weak growl and an oafish deep voice. Why's everyone gaga over him? The Hallowed cover proves this.

I did like his take on Highway To Hell...

Ripper Owens will be an interesting replacement, considering how he sounds so much like Rob Halford...