Iced Earth Website

vanbebar

WatchTower Webmaster
Feb 12, 2002
www.marathoncd.com
With all the talk about the upcoming album... it is wierd as to why the Iced Earth website is not updated?

I've seen the new cover art all over the internet, but it's not even on the official IE website?

No biggy.. just odd

To me he doesn't seem to really care what people say, at least from the interview I listened to, (the one with HS) but I agree, the website could be alot better.

Yeah he doesnt care what alot of people say anymore. Thats fine if he wants to do the whole self reliant thing. Too bad he doesnt see that alot of people think he is a bit of a dick and he cant even keep his brother in law in the band. No one wants to work with Yngwie... I mean Jon.

He never gave a shit what anybody else thinks, just read his old interviews. If he did do you really think he would of kept playing old school metal during the early 90's when EVERYBODY in the U.S. were into ALTERNATIVE (see Nirvana). Even Tampa was a death metal haven at the time. Don't you think others were telling him to forget that shit you'll never make it bullshit.
His brother in law didn't want to be in a band, any band.
The difference between Schaffer and Ingwie is that one of them knows how to write good songs.

Reactions: Sympozium
I agree with Iced. I'm not a true fanboy, or else I would've gone with the rest of you and said "oh, the new cover is so great!" I love Iced Earth for what they are...but Owens shouldn't be in the band. He doesn't fit into the whole dark metal atmosphere that Iced Earth has. That's my opinion.

Hypnos666 said:
I agree with Iced. I'm not a true fanboy, or else I would've gone with the rest of you and said "oh, the new cover is so great!" I love Iced Earth for what they are...but Owens shouldn't be in the band. He doesn't fit into the whole dark metal atmosphere that Iced Earth has. That's my opinion.

I do agree with that. He's a good singer, but come on...he's not for Iced Earth, I think. I'm still willing to give him a chance, but I still don't think he'll ever be as good as Matt was.