Iced Earth

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
"The new year will begin for Iced Earth with the delivery of the long-awaited Gettysburg DVD. This unique release will feature the epic work Gettysburg (1863) from 2004's The Glorious Burden stepping out of its stereo confines and expanding into a powerful 5.1-channel surround-sound mix. In fact, there will be two different surround-sound mixes (one "metal" and one "theatrical"), set to moving images. Additionally, the DVD will feature a historical commentary from the Gettysburg battlefield, and an in-depth interview with Jon Schaffer. More details will follow. A brief trailer for the DVD can be seen at the Downloads page here. "

the preview was well made.... Good job mark (if it was you that made it)

Thanks for posting this. I was just on the site 2 days ago and wondered why there was no info on the DVD. Amazon doesn't have anything listed for it.

The trailer was well done. I hope a new JP DVD is in the works. Perhaps live (he said, wishing aloud)?

This might be interesting for you americans, but I doubt the rest of the world will give a fuck about Gettysburg battle and american history.

History buffs in general will appreciate it. I didn't grow up in ancient Greece or Rome, but I still love the history of those two cultures.

If you like IE, you probably wouldn't care if they were singing about puppies and candy bars!

This might be interesting for you americans, but I doubt the rest of the world will give a fuck about Gettysburg battle and american history.

And Americans are ignorant of the rest of the world's history...

One of my favorite tracks from the CD is Waterloo, without a doubt. Which I'm pretty sure doesn't have much to do with the United States. Although that doesn't speak for your ignornance, it at least goes to show that not every culture only cares about itself. Besides, Iced Earth is American so what do you expect? A three song, half hour ballad for the surrender of France in WWII?

If you don't give a fuck, don't listen to it. No one is going to make you, and no Americans are going to cry themselves to sleep because you feel so strongly about it.

Aias said:
History buffs in general will appreciate it. I didn't grow up in ancient Greece or Rome, but I still love the history of those two cultures.

If you like IE, you probably wouldn't care if they were singing about puppies and candy bars!
I used to like IE... but they started to bore the shit out of me with something wicked this way comes and glorious burden.

Avalanche9601 said:
And Americans are ignorant of the rest of the world's history...

One of my favorite tracks from the CD is Waterloo, without a doubt. Which I'm pretty sure doesn't have much to do with the United States. Although that doesn't speak for your ignornance, it at least goes to show that not every culture only cares about itself. Besides, Iced Earth is American so what do you expect? A three song, half hour ballad for the surrender of France in WWII?

If you don't give a fuck, don't listen to it. No one is going to make you, and no Americans are going to cry themselves to sleep because you feel so strongly about it.
I like history too.... I didn't want to be bitchy about it. It's your history and it's cool. It's just that... you know.... a dvd about the fall of the Roman Empire would interest me more than one battle that not a lot of people heard of.

And finally, I didn't plan on listening to it ( the DVD ). I have the cd and what bothered me wasn't the american history used as a theme, it was the boring music Schaffer wrote.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would whine if a french canadian band would write songs about Quebec's history too. So huh... no one is perfect I guess.

You're right, it's just the way you said it. I agree with you that a DVD about the fall of the Roman empire would be nice. Or perhaps a video to go along with "And Then There Was Silence"?

I'm sure everyone would bitch about the French Canadians too, unless it was war themed. Then again, I bet a lot of people would bitch anyway. I'm sure if I were Canadian, probably wouldn't give a damn about Gettysburg either. But I think we both understand how Americans and Canadians can be very proud, and how sometimes we butt heads over things like that.

AsModEe said:

I'm also from Quebec City Canada and American history certainly interests me! So I do give a fuck about The battle of Gettysburg and American History. That entire song rips and I can't wait to see the DVD.

Avalanche9601 said:
You're right, it's just the way you said it. I agree with you that a DVD about the fall of the Roman empire would be nice. Or perhaps a video to go along with "And Then There Was Silence"?

I'm sure everyone would bitch about the French Canadians too, unless it was war themed. Then again, I bet a lot of people would bitch anyway. I'm sure if I were Canadian, probably wouldn't give a damn about Gettysburg either. But I think we both understand how Americans and Canadians can be very proud, and how sometimes we butt heads over things like that.

Actually I'm Canadian and I think Gettysburg is the best part of Glorious Burden. The things that bothered me about the album were When The Eagle Cries and The Reckoning, those songs were more gloating and chest thumping stupidity. Gettysburg is interesting because the war was interesting. Yeah I would like to see a concept album on the French Canadians, it would be hard as hell to keep in interesting but if someone could...

Avalanche9601 said:

Yup... you said it right.

We do have some wars in our history, like the one on the abraham fields. This one decided wether France or England would take over New-France. Guess who won......

I'm not completely closed about American history. You do have some really interesting stuff in your history.

Asmode:
Unfortunately, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Canadian history, specifically wartime. But I guess that comes with being American, as we tend to ignore the outside world for the most part, and "pound our chests" as he suggested.

Katana:
Would you expect anything else? Like I told Asmode, we're both two very proud nations. America loves to pound its chest especially. The Reckoning is a little over the top though, but of course since I am American, When the Eagle Cries is a very special song to me.

Avalanche9601 said:
Asmode:
Katana:
Would you expect anything else? Like I told Asmode, we're both two very proud nations. America loves to pound its chest especially. The Reckoning is a little over the top though, but of course since I am American, When the Eagle Cries is a very special song to me.
It's good to see an open minded approach like this, this feels more like a discussion than at some of theother baords I go to, when everyone just insults everyone else.
I think I would like When the Eagle Cries if it wasn't for the swearing vengeance part, which just seems corny to me... An I do understand the sentiments about 911 I remember waking up in the morning and hearing it on the news, I was saddened and a little scared.

Yeah, I'm not one for flinging insults and sounding like a total jackass. If I did that I'd just stereotype myself. I like to think I'm a little more grown up than that. I think everyone must have been scared that morning. No one had any idea what was going to happen. I was in class and I remember everyone wondering when the next plane would come down, and where it would be. Afterall, we weren't far from Shanksville.