Iced Earth's......Schaffer......God's Gift.....Or Just Idiot?

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
ICED EARTH's SCHAFFER Explains Guitarist's Departure

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer recently spoke to Guitar World magazine about the departure of guitarist Larry Tarnowski prior to the recording of the group's latest CD, "The Glorious Burden".

According to Schaffer, Tarnowski, an ICED EARTH member for five years, left before the recording sessions after expressing frustration over his limited role. "He may have played two minutes on ICED EARTH records, so I understood," Schaffer said. "I told him he should probably concentrate on school and getting a career."

When it was suggested that he could have asked if the guitarist would like to play more parts in the studio, Schaffer was incredulous. "Well, then it would not be ICED EARTH, would it? Yeah, I could have let Larry play more to make him happy, but that's not the way I heard things. You can let people write stuff to be nice to them, but you can also ruin your career. Some people are not songwriters and some are. If they are, why don't they start their own fucking band, have the vision and make it happen?"

From BlabberMouth.Net

Deadly Embrace said:
ICED EARTH's SCHAFFER Explains Guitarist's Departure

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer recently spoke to Guitar World magazine about the departure of guitarist Larry Tarnowski prior to the recording of the group's latest CD, "The Glorious Burden".

When it was suggested that he could have asked if the guitarist would like to play more parts in the studio, Schaffer was incredulous. "Well, then it would not be ICED EARTH, would it? Yeah, I could have let Larry play more to make him happy, but that's not the way I heard things. You can let people write stuff to be nice to them, but you can also ruin your career. Some people are not songwriters and some are. If they are, why don't they start their own fucking band, have the vision and make it happen?"

From BlabberMouth.Net

...this guy is pathetic...

man, this board REALLY hates iced earth! so what is schaffer is a control freak, it is HIS band. granted he seems like an asshole i still think they are a great band.

NP-iced earth: dantes inferno

ChaosWithoutProphecy said:
man, this board REALLY hates iced earth! so what is schaffer is a control freak, it is HIS band. granted he seems like an asshole i still think they are a great band.

NP-iced earth: dantes inferno

I like Iced Earth too... I'm a sucker for their fast gallop riffs!!! But as a persone Schaffer is an ass... a big one :lol:

But the new iced Earth cd for me doesnt sound like an Iced Earth cd!!!!!!!! i mean no more thrash riffage!!!!!!!!!!!!, only epic power gay metal!!! fuck!!!!!!!!!!! i want my iced earth back!!!!!!! dark saga, something wicked!!!!, burnt offerings!!!, the last 2 iced cds are just as shame as his coments!!!!!!!!!!!! judas earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larf03 said:
I like Iced Earth too... I'm a sucker for their fast gallop riffs!!! But as a persone Schaffer is an ass... a big one :lol:
Try old Helloween instead.

estigma said:
But the new iced Earth cd for me doesnt sound like an Iced Earth cd!!!!!!!! i mean no more thrash riffage!!!!!!!!!!!!, only epic power gay metal!!! fuck!!!!!!!!!!! i want my iced earth back!!!!!!! dark saga, something wicked!!!!, burnt offerings!!!, the last 2 iced cds are just as shame as his coments!!!!!!!!!!!! judas earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<sarcasm>Iced Earth, gay? Bah! Neevvvvver </sarcasm>.

Iced Earth is waaaay gay.

It seems to me, that shaffer cannot let the ex-members live in peace, there was an interview with him about barlow, and he left no good hair on this fantastic singer... said, that his singing for the new album was terrible and no "Iced Earth", ok, perhaps the songs were bullshit? shaffer is not god, he is only a overbearing guy... I can´t understand, why shaffer is such an idiot, they were imortant for his success, so he should be a little thankfull, I think...

Reactions: Deadly Embrace
to me the new album sounds like new dimensions in men without balls-metal! :puke:

I love(d) ICED EARTH, but the new stuff is nothing special, it sounds not different to other bands anymore...and the reckoning is simply bullshit, sorry, but that´s not my kind of music anymore...I can understand, why Barlow left the band, if Shaffer really is such an idiot, and if I was Mat and saw the new stuff to sing it, I would actually do the same and prefer a nice job without this god damned little diktator...
If they play in Wacken this year, I´ll become very angry, caus last year they canceled their gig, caus of the break. No, no, my friends, ICED EARTH are no longer...
*GRMPF* :yuk:

Testament Legions said:
I saw a new I.E. video last weekend and almost fell asleep. It focused on Jon Schaffer more than Ripper. IT WAS BORING AS HELL. I'm surprised they didn't put more money into it, or came up with something creative.
Since Schaffer's paying for it, I'm not shocked his big dumb ass is in every
frame. BORING AS HELL? I could expect that from them.

Iced Earth is really gay. More gay than Prog Metal homos Rhapsody
and Dream Theatre.