(Idiotic question) Headphone extension

xTomx

Oct 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
I'm making a headphone extension cable and after several tries I'm having no luck.

I'm using a balanced cable from Thomann's own brand (Cordial) with a Neutrik TRS male jack at one end, and a Neutrik 3.5mm female jack at the other.

At the moment I'm connecting the red wire(hot) to the tip, blue wire (cold) to the ring and the ground to the sleeve.

However all I'm getting when I plug it into the headphone ports on my Saffire Pro 40 is a mono sum of the track only coming through one headphone. I've tried re-building it a couple times to no avail - somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong!

If you can link me to a 50m headphone cable with Neutrik connectors that's no more than $5 I'll buy one.

I make my own instrument and XLR cables - it takes very little effort and saves money.

50ft≠50m

Yeah just noticed it was three times as long. Either way, you wont find a 50ft let alone a 50m extension with Neutrik connectors for under 5. The connectors alone would cost that. Anyways, Neutrik has assembly instructions on their website for the products

Screen%20shot%202012-04-06%20at%2012.49.12%20AM.png