Idiots say the darndest things

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

A few weeks ago I was in an elevator (or, if you prefer, a lift) and a bloke was talking to some bird about how people are leaving his department.

Bloke: They're like the Rats of Tobruk, deserting a sinking ship.

Blood was pouring out of my mouth because I was biting my tongue so hard.

Perhaps you should've rolled your eyes back in your skull like the Undertaker does/did whilst bleeding, that would've put an end to their conversation!

I would have corrected the bastard and made him look like the fool he was, then moved in on his hot piece of ass!

Did you guys ever play that game where you have 2 teams at opposite ends of a field and you kick a footy back and forth.... If you catch the other teams kick on the full you get 3 steps, but you don't have to take the steps straight away... you can save them and accumulate steps to take them all in the one big hit... And you win by kicking the ball over the other teams end of the field...

Well if you know what I am talking about, what did you call that game?

I sort of know the game you're talking about, Sprucey, but don't know the official name of it. We used to play it by throwing the ball rather than kicking, and you just threw (or kicked) the ball back from where you caught it. I think it only ended when you got sick of it.

If it's primary school kids playing it, no wonder the name of the game got buggered around with.

I think I played something like that in PS. Did anyone else (everyone else?) play British Bulldogs?

Winmar, my first day at Primary school we were told that we could NOT play British Bulldog, or some other thing "Red" or whatever.

They never told us exactly what we couldn't play, or why we couldn't play it.

WTF is British Bulldog ?