If anyone sees the new Star Wars

Briody

Jan 22, 2002
www.jagpanzer.com
If anyone sees the new Star Wars, post a review here.

With my schedule and the upcoming gigs, I won't be seeing this film till July at the earliest.

Mark

I saw it at midnight opening night and got up for class at 7am that next morning... needless to say I got about 2 hours of sleep because it was impossible to shake off the excitement from the movie in bed. Let's see...

Blows Episode I and II away to where you forget they even existed.

It is VIOLENT for a Star Wars movie (of course there is no bloodshed, but the theme of hands being sliced off is very strong.

The space battles are nothing short of awesome. The lightsaber battles are some of the best, including one with Obiwan Kenobi and General Grievous, where Grievous has 4 lightsabers.

Low points had to be the dialogue between Anakin and his wife Padme. "Hold me like you used to by the lake on Naboo." George Lucas, why?

It had almost no "slow" parts, and some even complained it was a little too much crammed into one movie. I think it was done nicely.

There were tears on some faces I saw as I walked out at the end. The transition at the end of the movie into Episode IV was done nicely.

Darth Vader's "Frankstein" moment (those who have seen it know what I mean) and his "Noooo!" scream were a little much.

High points of the movie for me (SPOILERS TURN TURN HELLHOUND I WILL BE KING AT ANY PRICE) If you really want to read these parts, highlight it.

- Opening space battle with Anakin and Obiwan working together.

- Anakin and Obiwan's fight with Count Dooku, leading to his hands being cut off then getting beheaded due to Chancellor Palpatine's demanding that he kill Dooku.

- When Anakin finds out that Palpatine is the traitor and he is Darth Sidious and tells Mace Windu who says, "if what you tell me is true, you have earned my trust." Then Windu goes to Palpatine to arrest him but ends up fighting. Anakin then comes to the scene to find Windu about to finish Palpatine, comes to Palpatine's rescue and together they take care of Windu. Anakin stops to think about he had just done and finally gets on his knees and calls Palpatine his master.

- Obiwan's battle with Grievous, and the awesome finish.

- Anakin's killing spree.

- "Execute order 66." Palpatine's systematic killing of Jedi warriors kicking in.

- A young Jedi telling Anakin there is a disturbance in the force with other young Jedi trainees in the room, and asking, "what should we do?" Followed up by seeing Anakin draw his lightsaber.

- Yoda tossing two guards against a wall without touching them.

- Wookie battle.

- The appearance of Chewbacca and Yoda climbing onto his back.

- Yoda's battle with Palpatine.

- Anakin choking Padme.

- Anakin and Obiwan's fight.

- Anakin's cockiness getting to him and eventually losing his battle with Obiwan, and Obiwan's final words to him before leaving him for dead (not so Jedilike!).

- Anakin burning alive.

- The creation of Darth Vader.

- Jimmy Smits getting Leia.

- Tatooine hillbillies getting Luke.

- When you find out Darth Vader is Luke's father.

- When Mark Briody sodomized Rikard's drumset.

But yeah, awesome, awesome movie, better than I had expected and I will be seeing it again!

Glorious.