If there are any Madison Divinity owners...

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
Help a brotha out!

I just got one of these and I'd like to see some settings if you don't mind. I'm currently running Edge I for my gain sound with the treble, middle and bass all on 7.

But, I'm running my channel volume maxed and the master at about 6 to compete with my 6505+ at around 4, sound right?

If I can recall I run my Divinity around these settings:

Master Vol Maxed
Highs 1 o'clock
Mids 10-11 o'clock
Lows 2 o'clock
Gain 2 o'clock
Channel Volume depends on how loud I wanna go. I think around 11 o'clock was loud enough for drums.

I have never compared it to a 6505 but compared to my old 5150 it gets much louder without turning muddy.

I really dont use it much but I can check it out again.

I think Madison shipped it to me with a bad EL34 because it started to flicker blue and starts crapping out at very loud volumes.

I would like to try decreasing the gain and adding my Maxon Tube Screamer.

Im too busy playing through my Peavey XXX at the moment.

when i go to practice tomorrow ill tell ya for sure but im pretty sure im at 3:00 for channel volume 2:00 for treb 4:00 for mids 12:30 1:00 for lows 2:00 for gain on channel 1 with master volume at about 10:00 for practice settings

Thanks guys. Sounds about right. It doesn't have the raw edge opf my 6505+ (what does?), but it is pretty thick sounding, and I dig it paired up with the 6505. It's a little more compressed to my ears. I'll be trying an 808 boost and back off the gain to see if it will open up. All in all, a pretty cool amp. I've been a devotee of Madison cabs for a while now (and recently became an endorsee in February), only recently getting the Divinity last week. So far, pretty cool. Looking forward to recording with it.