If you like Derek Riggs' artwork...

I love the "Maiden Japan" cover. Derek's stuff RULE. Actually... they used to rule. I don't like his recent work (ex. Stratovarious). I belive that his hand-made stuf are much better than the computer generated ones...

My favorite is Eddie riding the hog motorcycle. Methinks another cool one is The Clansman, eventhough Eddie's wearing a skirt!:D
(err I mean kilt.... yes, I know there is a difference)

kontan said:
I love the "Maiden Japan" cover. Derek's stuff RULE. Actually... they used to rule. I don't like his recent work (ex. Stratovarious). I belive that his hand-made stuf are much better than the computer generated ones...

Agreed! The computer generated artwork he does is cheap. You can tell it takes him 5 minutes to throw that shit together (compared to his intricate canvas to paint work).

NovembersDirge said:
No, I think Maiden's just goddamn picky. Seriously, I've seen the stuff he's done recently for them, and it's not nearly as interesting as the old stuff...

But I was under the impression that BNW was partly Riggs...
I agree with you, his old stuff was very interesting.

In my opinion, it was also groundbreaking. Riggs' artwork helped to bring the 'image' of Iron Maiden (and heavy metal music) to the masses. In the mid-80's (at least in the U.S) Riggs' artwork scared the SHIT out of the mainstream! I know this because prior to developing an open mind and actually listening to Powerslave in 1984, I was scared shitless of Maiden's 'evil' music, the 'evil' artwork, and the 'evil' fans that went to their concerts. Riggs' artwork and the mainstream intrepretation had a lot to do with my opinion at that time.

The case could prolly be made that the stir caused by Riggs' artwork really only helped to increase Maiden's status and gained the band more notoriety and ultimately more fans.
Up the Irons!
!!!!!:headbang:

FYI, if you follow the thread that is linked in Post #1 all the way to the end, DREAMASTER explains Riggs' BNW artwork as well as future relations between Maiden and Riggs.

Riggs' artword DEFINITELY helped Maiden reach the point that they're at now! For example, I heard of Iron Maiden because my brother bought Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.. Why did he buy it? The artwork was cool. Nothing more. He also bought a band called Deadhorse that day who had very cool artwork, but sucked. :p Iron Maiden just happened to fucking rule!! :headbang:

Reactions: CrankYanker
my Fav` Riggs wroks are Women In Uniform single, The Trooper, 23:58 (so up to date nowadays!:Smug:), the world slavery tour poster (reminds me of `tallica`s ride the lightning in a way
wink.gif
), all of the SIT works... arrrrrrrrrg damn they all rule !

Reactions: CrankYanker