If you love Nevermore, then you gotta check out...

Sorry guys. Another shameless refresh. Just want to make sure everyone gets to hear about us. :) Ya know, until that awesome record label comes along, we gotta do this promotion stuff ourselves.

Thanks to everyone who's already taken the time to check us out.

Take care,
Rob

Excellent! Definately hear Nevermore in there, little bit of old Dream Theatre, even some Contol Denied, when the disk comes out I'll buy it. You guys are from Illinois, know anybody from Seventh Omen? They're from that area, another band I like alot, you guys need to get to Arizona.
noc

i have the demo version of Innocent and i LOVE it.

i heard somewhere you were opening for Flotsam and Jetsam...or is that another band. tell me, did my ears DECIEVE me???

Originally posted by nocturnal
Excellent! Definately hear Nevermore in there, little bit of old Dream Theatre, even some Contol Denied, when the disk comes out I'll buy it. You guys are from Illinois, know anybody from Seventh Omen? They're from that area, another band I like alot, you guys need to get to Arizona.
noc

Hey Dude!

Thanks for the kind words. Actually we do know Clay from Seventh Omen & we've already talked about doing a show together. Maybe early next year because SO is concentrating on writing new material right now.

Also, of course we'd love to come do a show near you. There's an annual fest called Ultrasound in Vegas (I think Vegas) that would be cool to play at. How close would that be for you?

Thanks again for the support.

Take care,
Rob
TWELFTH GATE

Originally posted by Lotus_Eater_RVD
i have the demo version of Innocent and i LOVE it.

i heard somewhere you were opening for Flotsam and Jetsam...or is that another band. tell me, did my ears DECIEVE me???

Hey Lotus!

Thanks! Glad to hear you like what you heard. Also, what you heard about us openning for F&J is true. However, it's just for their Aurora, IL show (just west of Chicago) at Riley's on Oct.14th. Are you close enough? It'd be cool if you could come check out the show.

Thanks again & take care,
Rob
TWELFTH GATE

Originally posted by Lotus_Eater_RVD
i am far far away, like 8 hours away to be exact.

That sucks! We've also got a show coming up on Nov 16th at JJ Kelley's in Lansing, IL. Does that help? :)

I'm sure that still too far. BTW, where do you live? 'cause we've talked about doing shows around the Midwest starting probably next Spring. I'll keep you posted.

Later,
Rob

Originally posted by Evil Doctor X
Are you guys coming to the St. Louis area anytime soon? The demos sound great, how can I get a cd??

Keep up the good work!

Hey Doc!

Unfortunately, we have no current plans on going to St. Louis, but we're hoping that we can start hitting SL & some of the other Midwest towns by mid next year (after the full-length comes out).

Also, glad to hear you're diggin' the demo tunes. If you're interested in getting a demo CD, you can either go to ebay or just email me at twelfthgate@hotmail.com & I'll set you up with one for $5. Also, if you're willing to pay with Paypal, I could just send you an invoice & the rest is easy. :) Just send me your email address.

Thanks for the support & take care,

Rob
TWELFTH GATE

Originally posted by GateXII

That sucks! We've also got a show coming up on Nov 16th at JJ Kelley's in Lansing, IL. Does that help? :)

I'm sure that still too far. BTW, where do you live? 'cause we've talked about doing shows around the Midwest starting probably next Spring. I'll keep you posted.

Later,
Rob

i live in PA, on the Southwestern edge. Uniontown is the name of the city.

when is the full-length due out?

First of all, my band & I would like to thank everyone that took the time to check out TWELFTH GATE. By the sound of it, most (if not all) of you seem to like our stuff, which makes us extremely happy & motivated to keep writing cool tunage. Hopefully, once the full-length is released (targeting early Spring 2002) , it will have the same or better reaction. We're keepin' our fingers crossed. :)

OK, now I have a question for you. Since it seems like many of you have already either checked out TWELFTH GATE or at least this post, which is why it's been kept alive for a while now, I was wondering if I should just let the post fade, or should I keep refreshing it so that more new people can check us out. Of course we'd love to have more new people check out the band, but I'd hate for most of you to start getting annoyed by seeing this post up for too long.

Lemme know whatcha think.

Thanks & take care,
Rob

Wow, I like it a lot. I don't really hear much of a resemblance to Nevermore, other than being the same general style of music, but that's not a bad thing. I used to always hate getting compared to other bands, even when they were bands that I really liked. It partially feels like a compliment, but then it also partially seems like people are saying that you're unoriginal. I guess you just have to try to look for the intent.

If you're looking for constructive criticism, the only thing that I can think to offer (after listening on mediocre computer speakers) is that the vocals sound kind of restrained. Don't get me wrong, I really like the vocals, I just think that there's some untapped potential there. It reminds me a lot of how I sounded when I went through a phase where I was concentrating too much on how I was singing rather than just throwing everything into it, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, all in all it sounds great, let's hear some more!

Originally posted by Gary
Wow, I like it a lot. I don't really hear much of a resemblance to Nevermore, other than being the same general style of music, but that's not a bad thing. I used to always hate getting compared to other bands, even when they were bands that I really liked. It partially feels like a compliment, but then it also partially seems like people are saying that you're unoriginal. I guess you just have to try to look for the intent.

If you're looking for constructive criticism, the only thing that I can think to offer (after listening on mediocre computer speakers) is that the vocals sound kind of restrained. Don't get me wrong, I really like the vocals, I just think that there's some untapped potential there. It reminds me a lot of how I sounded when I went through a phase where I was concentrating too much on how I was singing rather than just throwing everything into it, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, all in all it sounds great, let's hear some more!

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the kind words & the insight. I agree with your comment about our singer's uptapped potential. Since these are just demo recordings, we were in & out of the studio without being able to put too much time into perfection. I guarantee that we'll all be tapping into our full potential when it comes time to record the full-length. You'll just have to wait & see. :)

Thanks again & take care,
Rob

after all i got the mood to enter this topic and i am amazed! innocent rulez big time. but why can i only download that song! i would need more material to write a short review or something!

Raven, why don't you start wearing NEVERMORE shirts again during RAW, SMACKDOWN, HEAT, PAY PER VIEWS, ETC... This way you can advertise the best band in the world again to a wide audience. I liked what you did to "moppie." Also, are you and Terri "involved", she's hot. I've known about you since you were in E.C.W. Also, Eden Lies Obscured is probably my favorite Sanctuary song. Take Care

CHEERS,

ZANEX "I AM THE DOG"

Nah dude, this isn't Scott Levy. He's my idol though. It's actually because of Raven I found out about Nevermore, lol.

Eden Lies Obscured so totally rocks.

GateXII, I really liked it. I can't wait till the full length.

The Enemy