If your going to Testament tonight

levi

Aug 26, 2004
Can you share what set they played?I cant wait to see them at the in of next month its going to rock.

Wasn't there but:

Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
Burnt Offerings
Native Blood
True American Hate
Eyes of Wrath
Into the Pit
Dark Roots of Earth
Practice What You Preach
The Evil has Landed
The Haunting
The New Order
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
Riding the Snake
The Formation of Damnation
----------------------
Over the Wall

The only surprise song here is Riding The Snake, but DAMN that's a huge surprise! Never thought they would bring this one back. The rest is more of the same, though, as was to be expected.

Wasn't there but:

Rise Up
More Than Meets the Eye
Burnt Offerings
Native Blood
True American Hate
Eyes of Wrath
Into the Pit
Dark Roots of Earth
Practice What You Preach
The Evil has Landed
The Haunting
The New Order
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
Riding the Snake
The Formation of Damnation
----------------------
Over the Wall

Holy shit thats an amazing set I counted 7 songs that I've never seen live from them I am stoked.

Yeah, especially Cold Embrace would make sense since they were supposed to play more off DROE on that tour (yet they stick to the 4 songs we already know). Anyway, maybe the setlist will evolve as the tour goes on, but this would be unusual for Testament. In my opinion after doing 3 legs of US tour last year they should not repeat a single song and come up with a totally new setlist, but I know - I'm bitching as always when it comes to their song selection :).

We all want a little variety. I hope they do some shows like Chuck has been talking about where they play the new album in it's entirety.

I've heard some of the shows were sold out, but I'm wondering if there are problems with filling in the venues at some other places. Had the tickets not been selling slow, Chuck wouldn't have recorded this message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DLOItXmcAck, would he? Let's hope people will find their way to the show and no dates will have to be cancelled, 'cause that's one historical bill.

BTW, I've been reading the show in Albuquerque was cancelled or that only OverKill was to perform (http://holdmyticket.com/event/120891). You guys know if that's true and, if yes, what would the reasons be?

A lot of it goes down to promotion. If people don't know about the shows, they can't go. The other reason would be money. Not that the tickets are high, just that many folks are lacking cash.

Yeah, in this electric age (heh) some people tend to forget about things like streetwork, flyers, billboards or ads and not everyone surfs the Internet in search of local gigs or follows what their favourite bands are up to. It's just weird that in some places the promotion seems to be working great, while elsewhere nobody knows the band is coming to town and the shows get cancelled. Money surely may be the issue too, but I imagine that most people will find a way to see such an amazing bill somehow, unless they're completely broke or have to choose between the gig and feeding their children.

here's the first footage of Riding the Snake. I'd love to hear Greg more, but still it sounds terrific. Hopefully this will encourage them to redust some other great songs from the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my least favorite songs from The Gathering, but still nice to see them changing things up a bit. I wonder how Alex feels about playing on songs he had no involvement in.

Funny, it's one of my favourite off that album. If I remember soulflypl considers it their best song ever.

Alex seems to have found a way to enjoy some of those. See the footage of Eyes of Wrath. He changes the solos a lot and adds some where there were none.

Funny, it's one of my favourite off that album. If I remember soulflypl considers it their best song ever.

Alex seems to have found a way to enjoy some of those. See the footage of Eyes of Wrath. He changes the solos a lot and adds some where there were none.

I just hope this song will still be in the set in March :headbang:

Sounds amazing and can't wait to hear it live!

HPOE - for me it is Prague and Cracow I think .... unless sth bad happens ... how about you?