Ihsahn - The Adversary

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
One of my favorite albums of all time. I simply love it - the songs are diverse, and not exactly what you would expect from one of the members of Emperor, especially the slower tracks.

I was just thinking the other day, how awesome it would be if Glenn got Ihsahn to put together a band for a performance at ProgPower. Wouldn't be a headlining slot, I'm thinking probably only 3 or 4 right now (Which would probably mean we'd need to wait another album or two before Glenn could even CONSIDER this type of expense, especially if currently they'd only be a 3 or a 4.)

Who's with me? Input on the idea of Ihsahn for ProgPower (I'd say the CD is fairly Proggy)? Input on the album in general? I know it's been out for over a year, but I hadn't seen much discussion on it in the past. Thought I'd start one up.

I love The Adversary. I don't think Ihsahn would fit in at ProgPower, however. It would be great if this did happen though. ON a related note, I would like to see Vintersorg perform. He definitely has the body of work, as well as the awesome vocals. I think that he has diverse enough material to warrant a Showcase headlining slot, but I'm probably in the minority.

I love The Adversary. I don't think Ihsahn would fit in at ProgPower, however. It would be great if this did happen though. ON a related note, I would like to see Vintersorg perform. He definitely has the body of work, as well as the awesome vocals. I think that he has diverse enough material to warrant a Showcase headlining slot, but I'm probably in the minority.

Vintersorg would be awesome too.

Vintersorg and Ihsahn for PPUSA X Showcase!!

:headbang:

Agreed. I didn't mean to turn this thread into another, so and so for ProgPower, but it seemed to be a good thread to mention it.

Yeah, that's not how I meant it either, but thought I'd throw it in there.

Favorite tracks off The Adversary, anyone? My favorites are the last three, 'And He Shall Walk In Empty Places', 'Will You Love Me Now?' and 'The Pain Is Still Mine', though I can't pick between those three which one I like the most.

heh, I've been including Vintersorg or Borknagar in my "list of bands I'd be willing to help sponsor" for years now. :)

I'd love to see Ihsahn, but he probably wouldn't fit in that well at PP.

Ooh, I could dig either Ihsahn or Vintersorg at a future fest (in any slot). Id say off that disc, my favorite tracks might be Called By the Fire, Homecoming, and Panem et Circenses.

heh, I've been including Vintersorg or Borknagar in my "list of bands I'd be willing to help sponsor" for years now. :)

I take it you've had no luck with this. I like all his stuff, but I'm most partial to his solo material and Fission. Cronian isn't bad either. Hopefully he'll make it here one day.