Ihsahn

Tyr, were you playing bass on the Emperor reunion gig in Oslo last year? Who was the synth player? I was not there, and am curious because info is not clear who was playing besides the three main members...

Paul said:
Tyr, were you playing bass on the Emperor reunion gig in Oslo last year? Who was the synth player? I was not there, and am curious because info is not clear who was playing besides the three main members...

No, it was Sechtdamon (sp?) from Zyklon that did the bass, and Ihsahn's cousin Einar that did the keys.

This one is going to be cool. I have always had respect for Ihsahn as a creative musician, he's a good guitar player live, and he does what he wants musically and doesn't give a shit about trends or other bands. I hope Emperor make another album too, that would be the greatest thing in awhile. I don't see why they don't, they have a nice sized underground cult following, and once you have that it lasts for eternity. Like Samoth said Emperor could just be the side project... with Peccatum gone now, more time for EMPEROR!!

Yea, I think it might happen. But until then I'm more than happy with having this solo album, it sounds like it's gonna be amazing. I can't wait to hear G's vocals.

Got the promo, fine stuff, but unspectacular because close to Emperor, only rather stripped down with less drama and clearer song-arrangements (well, for the most part). Cool clear vocals and classical instruments (not real ones, I guess). More controlled drumming thanks to Asgeir - no Trym-hyperblast.

Judging by the 'LoTFP' below his name, it was sent to him by the label.

Garm sings much on it? Actually, with Garm guesting on Ihsahn and Solefald and having that nu-metal band of his too, maybe he'll start making metal again as well!

check it out:

Death in the Forest, New York's First Extreme Open-Air Metal Festival, is now on sale at all Ticketmaster locations, online at ticketmaster.com, and charge by phone. Additionally, tickets can be purchased straight from Watchers Entertainment.

featuring 2 stages, and 120,000 watts of sound

the lineup is as follows:

Immolation
Vital Remains
Skinless
Impaled
Typhus
Nephillim
Engorge
Fecal Corpse
Dimentionon
Withersoul
Bloodthrone
The Green Evening Requiem
Quinta Essenta
Calmsite
Semper Tyrannis
Death Sick
Blood Feast Island Man
Grim Monolith
Nathaniel White
Expulsive Incision
Divinity Destroyed
and many more...

over 200 vendors, including record labels and distros, music equipment manufacturers, natl and intl press and media, tattoo+piercing, leather shops, fetish vendors, comic books, food and beer vendors, Jagermeister and the Jagerettes, armor vendors, etc...

May 20th, 2006. Orange County Fair Grounds, Middletown, New York.
www.ticketmaster.com
www.deathintheforest.com

Watchers Entertainment: Tickets- (845) 642-0260

sponsored by Watchers Entertainment, D'addario, NYDM, Omni Metro Studios, Rockland World Radio, Jagermeister, and Rock Fantasy.

I would not buy it only for Garm, though, because his impact amounts to nil. It's no "gimmick" stressed by the label either, so no big business...but maybe the final release has a nice bumper sticker, considering that information is always scarce with Candlelight's promo-CDs...

Occam's Razor said:
Got the promo, fine stuff, but unspectacular because close to Emperor, only rather stripped down with less drama and clearer song-arrangements (well, for the most part). Cool clear vocals and classical instruments (not real ones, I guess). More controlled drumming thanks to Asgeir - no Trym-hyperblast.

Nothing wrong with blastbeats when played well!

Trym takes blastbeats to a new level like no one before. Trym is a f**king speed machine and Asgeir also has his talents. Both are excellent drummers in their own rights.

I worship Asgeir, he's so full of ability and a fantastic sense of variety in his drumming. Frankly, there aren't enough drummers out there who like to keep things constantly changing.