Ihsahn

Some German guy told me it sucked, and I don't think he was a real big fan of Enslaved. I like the older Enslaved myself, but I have learned to like the new style so I think I will like the new one.

So me and some friends were listening to the samples and my buddy was pretty sure that the drums were programmed since they sounded so precise. He's a drummer after all. I told him "No man, Asgeir did them" and he proceeded to shit himself.

Freakin' awesome work! I can't wait to see Emperor in NY.

Alteredmindeath said:
Some German guy told me it sucked, and I don't think he was a real big fan of Enslaved. I like the older Enslaved myself, but I have learned to like the new style so I think I will like the new one.

Well, we Germans usually have no taste in music...:lol:

RUUN is an amazing album. Its an expansion of Isa, but sees Enslaved taking a subtle new direction again (in my opinion).

The more you listen to RUUN the more you realise how different it is to Isa. Ivar has REALLY matured as a songwriter, and the band are now masters of their respective crafts.

RUUN is better than Isa, and Isa was a damn good and special album, I dont see it as an easy album to top when you're Enslaved, but they've done it, and it appears, with ease.

I say all of the above as a lover of the older Enslaved style (as I do love older Black Metal) and also as a lover of the newer Enslaved style.

Enslaved are one of those bands who can do no wrong, I've never heard a single thing they've done which is bad or even negative. Grutle and Ivar should be damn proud of the work they produce, it sure makes fans like me happy.

Im creaming myself is the album still full of BM screams or is it mainly clean vox?

FUBAR said:
Im creaming myself is the album still full of BM screams or is it mainly clean vox?

Screams galore, but the clean vocals are just better incorporated, so they do not sound like special gimmicks, but rather natural - appearing right in the proper place.

The Hubster said:
RUUN is an amazing album. Its an expansion of Isa, but sees Enslaved taking a subtle new direction again (in my opinion).

The more you listen to RUUN the more you realise how different it is to Isa. Ivar has REALLY matured as a songwriter, and the band are now masters of their respective crafts.

RUUN is better than Isa, and Isa was a damn good and special album, I dont see it as an easy album to top when you're Enslaved, but they've done it, and it appears, with ease.

I say all of the above as a lover of the older Enslaved style (as I do love older Black Metal) and also as a lover of the newer Enslaved style.

Enslaved are one of those bands who can do no wrong, I've never heard a single thing they've done which is bad or even negative. Grutle and Ivar should be damn proud of the work they produce, it sure makes fans like me happy.

Where did you folks purchase Ruun? Amazon tells me that it will not be released until May 2nd. Is there somewhere I can procure a copy?