Ihsahn

mjollnir1965 said:
I heard some of the samples from Ihsahn's solo stuff and it sounds fucking awesome!! As for Enslaved, I am a HUGE fan of every album. I am sure that Ruun will be another Enslaved masterpiece!

I do like viking black and progressive black too, but the mixture of the two is not that good; I can't get into all Enslaved albums after Blodhemn, and yet I don't think Enslaved are about to offer something better than Frost or Eld.

As for the Ihsahn's album it rocks :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

np: 793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne)

p.s. fuck new Enslaved :)

finally purchased ruun today, great album.

of course back to the subject of this thread The Adversary is excellent my favorite track so far being "Astera ton Proinon"

I just listened to part of the Keep of Kalessin song "Vengeance Rising"... I don't understand how people can be fans of Borknagar and listen to (I think) junk like that...

Nick_Perrin said:
I just listened to part of the Keep of Kalessin song "Vengeance Rising"... I don't understand how people can be fans of Borknagar and listen to (I think) junk like that...
Very easily actually.

George said:
Very easily actually.

I guess I phrased it wrong. I mean that I personally (strong emphasis on 'personally', only my opinion) I think that you have to lower your standards a lot to find that enjoyable after hearing music of Borknagar quality...

Anyway that's how it is for me.
E.G. Since hearing some metal bands, "worse" ones that I used to like a lot are only "okay" to me now and do not interest me as much as they used to. Some people will listen to everything in the metal spectrum but I just can't get into stuff like Keep of Kalessin. Or I should say that one KoK song, because that's all that I've heard from them.

Listening for the first time right now... Citizen is brutal! I love it!
That's as far as I've gotten. I just finished Cronian - Terra for the first time. I live for mail-order.

Nick_Perrin said:

The first Keep of Kalessin album was ok, but I really cant say the same for the next two

I was just in HMV recently buying The Adversary and the new Keep of Kalessin (Armada) was up for listening on those AMAZING headphones, so I thought I'd take a listen... not a single track interested me, although I think one of them was okay. Not my thing.

But anyway, the Ihsahn album is great stuff, my favourite tracks have to be Called by the Fire and The Pain is Still Mine (I love that operaic part!).... at least for now!

Oh yeah I forgot to say the Keep of Kalessin CD, Armada, each copy had a big yellow sticker across the front that read "SUPREMELY WRITTEN BLACK METAL" and underneath "Better than you expect". No joke!

Pff to that, when it was sitting right next to the new Ihsahn.