IKMultimedia expands their "Powered by Amplitube" promotion

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
As many of you know and might have participated in - IKMultimedia is running a "Powered by Amplitube" promotion/group buy. It was originally a 3 for 1 deal if it reached 2500 (I think). Well it did and all involved received a geat deal on the Amplitube plugins. I got Amplitube Fender, Metal, and Jimi Hendrix (I already had Amplitube 2).

Well, since these promotions have been going so well (the other a few months ago was the IK T-RackS mastering plugins), they have expanded this one to a 4 for 1 if it reaches 3500 people which from the promotion page is a little over 700 more people.

They have also added to the 4th plugin the "T-RackS Standard", "SampleTank 2.5 L", and "Miroslav Philharmonik CE" as possible selections.

Just figured I'd pass along the information - I received it in the email this morning.

I'll probably wait a while until it reaches the mark where they start the 4 for 1 deal, buy Ampeg SVX and get T-Racks 3, Amplitube Hendrix for crunchier tones, and the Philharmonic Orchestra one.

I really like Amplitube Fender and Hendrix - those two added some unique stuff to my available sims. Sure - maybe not the most metal of amps and effects in many cases, but some really cool stuff. The Fender package is the best emulation of some classic Fender amps I have. Sure others have had a Twin Reverb, maybe a Bassman, but none this good. Plus I bought the Hendrix package just for the retro vibe it has. I am a big Hendrix fan (I'm a bit older than many on this forum) as well as a Metalhead and the sounds from this one are pretty spot on in many cases.

When it reaches 4 for 1 I have no idea which I may add - either Ampeg SVX or Philharmonik CE - I already have SampleTank 2.5 XL so no need for that.

hmm I already have Amplitube 2 and Fender. I'd love to get SVX and T-Racks, I kinda regret not getting in on the singles deal.

Also worth mentioning that Amplitube X-Gear is free and lets you swap the amps, cabs, pedals and effects from any of the installed Amplitube products, pretty cool way to expand your options.

Amplitube X-Gear is free and lets you swap the amps, cabs, pedals and effects from any of the installed Amplitube products, pretty cool way to expand your options.

I love the X-Gear product - once you have most of the Powered by Amplitube stuff it is a great way of integrating all of the amps, cabs, effects, mics, you name it - all in one place. I'm glad IK created it so you no longer have to figure out what amp is in what product.

This would be cool..
I bought Amplitube Fender and got Amplitube 2 and Ampeg SVX for free..

I must say the Fender is excellent for clean sounds.

So does the Amplitube 2 Crossgrade mean I can get Amplitube Fender for example, and as long as I have the Fender installed, I can make the Crossgrade version work as a full version?

I'm going to have to think about this offer, I sure could use Philharmonik, and along with this offer I could get it, plus Amplitube 2, SVX, and Fender for free... I'm not really keen to using Amplitube products but this offer sure is getting tempting.

Seriously the Fender one is the best Fender sim available right now. SVX is bitchin' too. Not keen on the Metal or regular 2, the demos did nothing for me personally.

Seriously the Fender one is the best Fender sim available right now. SVX is bitchin' too. Not keen on the Metal or regular 2, the demos did nothing for me personally.

Agreed - it is so spot on with the Fender amps it's scary.

And yes - IKMultimedia has a very open cross-grade policy. Pretty much if you own an IKMultimedia product you can cross-grade to another. So if you own Amplitube Fender (full version) you can cross-grade to Amplitube 2. They call it "Cross-Grade for All"

Bugger :-(

If I could choose Ampeg SVX, Sampletank and Philharmonik I'd be clicking buy right now but sampletank and philharmonik are in the same "choose one" band.