Ikuinen Kaamos

chrisdoig24k

Boom King
Aug 24, 2006
Hellbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Has anybody heard this band? They're a Finnish band which sounds kinda like Against the Seasons, but really different at the same time. They've only released one album called The Forlorn, and its quickly becoming one of my favourite albums. It has a pretty gloomy atmosphere... Acoustic sections, grim but gloomy black metal riffs, deep death vocals and higher blacky vocals... Thoroughly amazing!!

I'd say its for fans of Woods, Emperor, Novembers Doom, Opeth, Katatonia, Agalloch. Very hard to describe, it's just damn brilliant!

Check them out at www.myspace.com/ikuinenkaamos

Enjoy!

Hehe this is funny..... i went to the recordstore yesterday, searching nothing special and guess what i found....IKUINEN KAAMOS - The Forlorn!!
The sticker on it said : for fan's of old Opeth And old Katatonia, i thought this is something for me.......I'm in love with the album now..... i play it over and over and i can't get enough of it.

ohhh these guys are good. I ve been so burnt out on Opeth that I haven't listened to them much since the deliverance album. I could see myself listening to these guys a lot as a replacement.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I know them, they're very good. Also very brave to choose a Finnish name, usually that distracts certain groups of audience.

I don't think they sound much like Insomnium. Both are great bands though.

Thanks for pointing this band out. I ordered the album after hearing about 30 seconds of Grace on their myspace, which is strangely impulsive for me.

Hehe yeah, it's definately one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Speaking of which, I'm discovering this band from Melbourne (HELLS YES MALBAWRN) called Ne Obliviscaris, doing very well on the underground scene. If you like Ikuinen Kaamos you might like these guys. They have a violinist!

Ne Obliviscaris are god damn beautiful!

Didn't know they were coming out with a full length so soon, awesome.

One of the best bands from the Melbourne scene.

Oh! I didn't know they were getting a new one? I don't actually even have their demo, only the song on their myspace (Tapestry) and Forget Not, which my mate sent me. And I have a live video of them, which kinda owns. I love those two songs, and now I look forward to the full length!

Man, the violin adds so much ownage to that band

Oh, I assumed when you went all

"YES!! I continue to whore this band.
They are recording a new album in September, to be released late 07/early 08. Woooooooot!!!!"

You were talking about NeO :p

Either way, you need the final song from the demo, "As Icicles Fall"

Ah, my mistake. I hadn't read the previous posts, and was bumping the thread. Assuming that the Ikuinen Kaamos discussion had gone along!
Ikuinen Kaamos will record a new album for release late 07/ early 08

I have a great video of NeO playing live at the Arthouse, it's pretty good! I'll try and find 'As Icicles Fall' on it :)

Cool. I decided to check on what people had been writing on Ikuinen Kaamos lately, and lo and behold there's talk of Ne Obliviscaris - a band I recently came to be familiar with through MySpace and of whom I immediately ordered the demo as well as a shirt.
It's the kind of band I am very much looking forward to giving that extra push. They need to score a record deal asap so we can bring their album to the other side of the globe. Period.