Illuminatus

mawk

fnord
May 25, 2003
Nottingham
www.illuminatus.biz
Bloodstockers,

In case you've been wondering "What the &*!# is this Illuminatus outfit playing the Darwin Suite on Saturday", wonder no more...

We're a powerful, melodic "post-metal" band from Nottingham, we sound a bit like Pink Floyd being chased around by Metallica with thoughtful bits from Radiohead and Anathema thrown in. Total Rock reckon we sound like Paradise Lost: I can't hear it myself but there you go.

If you're a member of the Rock Society you should already (or will shortly) be receiving a copy of our demo EP Suburban Symmetry, and if you aren't, don't panic because you can download all the tracks from our website at http://www.illuminatus.biz. We'll be doing warm up gigs around the country before the festival so keep your eyes on the website if you want to check us out.

Also definite recommendations for our fellow Darwin-Suiters Bates Motel who are absolutely crushing live and the near-legendary Bumsnogger who are also from Nottingham and will hopefully come close to slaking my grindcore thirst on the day...

Look forward to seeing you all at Bloodstock!

--Mark

Got the CD with the rock society package and after a few spins I must say its fantastic.
Reminds me of Alternitive 4/Judgement era Anathema which is always a good thing.
Now along with Bates Motel and Masterplan you look like being my highlights of the Saturday.

Black Lagoon said:
G
Reminds me of Alternitive 4/Judgement era Anathema which is always a good thing.

Well spotted, man! Anathema are definitely a huge influence on our music and personal deities to quite a few of the band members.

Glad you enjoyed the CD, it's actually quite out-of-date now and we have loads more material so hopefully Bloodstock will go with a huge bang.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 'Motel and Paradise Lost, and I'm almost ashamed to admit that I might have acquired a soft spot for Nightwish (albeit in between spins of the Labrat CD). Aaargh!

nice one. i love anathema, so i'll have to check you guys out

thanks for championing the snogger. what are we legendary for? being a pissed-up bunch of cunts? nah, we're looking forward to it

sludgefuckingmetal!!!

Just a quick note to say that Illuminatus and Ninedenine will be doing a Bloodstock warm-up show for those that want to check out the best in Midlands metal before the big bash:

Thursday 28th August @ The Old Angel, Nottingham

Illuminatus - Epic, driving post-metal from Nottingham. "Combine brawn with surprising depth" - Kerrang!

Nindenine - Tool-flavoured art-rock from Nottingham and Bradford. "Miss them at your peril!" - Powerplay

+ Special Guests

£2 on the night, doors open 8:30pm.