Im 13 and love this stuff

Leroyk

THRASHER
May 26, 2010
Thrashlavanyia
Hey guys im new to the fourms and I LOVE THRASH. :worship: while everyone is listening to there gay rap and "emo screamo" im listening to some kickass 80s thrash. My favorite band is slayer and death angel im just looking for a place where i can disscus this god send music and ive found it:headbang:

Lot of thrashers around alright. As long as you follow the rules (in the sticky section) you're welcome. We always looking for young blood to carry the torch.

I stronlgy recommend you to check: Coroner, Xentrix, Heathen if you hadn't yet.

Absolutely right !! Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask any questions. We talk mostly about oldschool bands, but newer bands that have a traditional sound also are discussed here as well.

Bryant

Hey Leroyk, welcome to the board. Make sure to check out Operation Mindcrime (the album) and Queen of the Reich (the song) by Queensryche. Totally heavy stuff.

And, if you're so inclined, listen to the band in my signature. :)

Welcome Leroyk, quit some thrash fans here so you ended up in the right place.

Some "old" thrash bands you need to check ; Forbidden, Sacred Reich, Heathen, Toxik, Testament, Exodus, Détente, Abattoir, Znöwhite, SOD, Militia, .....

Some newer bands; Gama Bomb, Anger as Art, Bonded By blood, Demonica

Some "old" thrash bands you need to check ; Forbidden, Abattoir, Znöwhite, SOD,

Abattoir is definitively power/speed, but what an excellent band. And SOD is pure by-number hardcore (the good one, not the thing called hardcore nowdays). For that matters I will go with Suicidal Tendencies early albums.

And for new bands, most definitvely: ABANDON!, also Brute Force, Invection.

Hey kid, check out Exodus' Bonded By Blood and Testament's Practice What You Preach and for the love of GOD buy some Motorhead!
Welcome aboard![/QUOTE

ive checked out both and enjoyed both! not there bests i think exodus is shovel headed kill and testaments is either the legacy, the new order, or the formation of damnation cant decide:)

testaments is either the legacy, the new order, or the formation of damnation cant decide:)

Cut into the middle and pick "Low" :D (I'm serious)

Also check Forte, Intruder, Zoetrope.

Low was a great record, though personally I think Testament peaked with Souls of Black.

To me they have two peaks: "The New Order" and "Low".

I'm quite fond of the latter since was my first Testament album (I had listened to "The Legacy" years before but I wasn't into thrash at the time).

I only have skipped "The Ritual" and "Demonic", but I believe that both PWYP and SOB are weaker and inconsistent using as reference any of the peaks I mentioned in the whole discography.

Ha ha ha.... we are all sooo bad. We are trying to persuade our newest padawan into discovering our favorite bands. Leroyk..... that will be the last time I refer to you as someone "young" as long as you act mature..... just like you have been.

The truth is.... there are lots of great thrash bands out there. There are also oldschool power-metal bands that "dip" into the thrash style, as well as cool oldschool metal bands. We are here to give our opinions if you ask my friend.

Bryant

Ha ha ha.... we are all sooo bad. We are trying to persuade our newest padawan into discovering our favorite bands. Leroyk..... that will be the last time I refer to you as someone "young" as long as you act mature..... just like you have been.

The truth is.... there are lots of great thrash bands out there. There are also oldschool power-metal bands that "dip" into the thrash style, as well as cool oldschool metal bands. We are here to give our opinions if you ask my friend.

Bryant

Guilty as charged about favorite bands but since you called us out I would suggest the following:

Vio-lence-Eternal Nightmare, Oppressing the Masses, and Nothing to Gain

Helloween-Keeper of the Seven Keys part 2

Sadus (not really thrash though)-Swallowed in black

Kreator-Extreme Aggression and Enemy of God

Coroner-RIP and Punishment for Decadence

Nuclear Assault-Game Over

Venom--just about anything but check out the song Seven Gates of Hell

Fates Warning-Awaken the Guardian

and finally but not least

Anthrax-Spreading the Disease and POT