I'm a believer now!

Mar 9, 2002
I downloaded your demo, and was instantly blown away. I had heard some of Marcel's solo-album before without being very impressed; but this demo makes him one of my favourites! I'm definitely going to buy an album of you if you release one.

Hi Sole!! It's great to see you here! (Btw....sclemur = lemur)
And yes......Sedation is a mind blowing song, actually my favourite from Sun Caged along with Four Guilders.

Also I want to give my most sincere congrats to the band for their new record deal which I've just noticed.
Cheers!

I will check that out. And hi, Lemur! Four Guilders is actually my favourite track by them. That was the track that made me start to like them.

Congrats to the new deal! This is really great news - seems like us here wishing you luck in getting signed did some good?! :lol:
Although it should be pretty clear a band of your format not to remain without deal for too long.
I wonder, will new tracks like Secrets of Flight sound much different by the new year or pretty much as it is now? Are you constantly fiddling with new arrangements or rather concentrate on more new stuff?

Originally posted by Madrigal
Congrats to the new deal! This is really great news - seems like us here wishing you luck in getting signed did some good?! :lol:
Although it should be pretty clear a band of your format not to remain without deal for too long.
I wonder, will new tracks like Secrets of Flight sound much different by the new year or pretty much as it is now? Are you constantly fiddling with new arrangements or rather concentrate on more new stuff?
All songs will remain as they are (as far as arrangements go). The vocals of the first two demo-cd's (Scar Winter and Dominion) will be re-written by André though.

Next to all the songs from all three demo-cd's, one or two new songs (that haven't been recorded on a demo before) will be on the cd.

Huh?! *All* the songs from all three demo cds?? This would mean something like 13 tracks? I thought on the website it said "almost" all the songs from the demos?
Is this going to be a long CD then, over 60 mins?? (yes-yes-yes!!)

I think it's really cool that André will re-write the vocal lines and not stupidly copy the old ones. Means he will put his very own stamp on the tracks like that (plus he has an excellent feel for great and ever so.... unexpected melody-lines!). Will the lyrics themselves be changed as well?

Originally posted by Madrigal
Huh?! *All* the songs from all three demo cds?? This would mean something like 13 tracks? I thought on the website it said "almost" all the songs from the demos?
Is this going to be a long CD then, over 60 mins?? (yes-yes-yes!!)

I think it's really cool that André will re-write the vocal lines and not stupidly copy the old ones. Means he will put his very own stamp on the tracks like that (plus he has an excellent feel for great and ever so.... unexpected melody-lines!). Will the lyrics themselves be changed as well?
Yes, the lyrics of the Scar Winter- and Dominion-songs will be changed.

*almost* all of the songs will go on the cd. The cd will be (as the plan is right now) around 60 minutes.
We have:
- Zombie Resurrection (Scar Winter demo-cd)
- Scar Winter (Scar Winter demo-cd)
- Killer Banshee (promo 2002 and Scar Winter demo-cd)
- Caged (Scar Winter demo-cd, will not go on the cd)
- Curiosity Kills (Dominion demo-cd)
- Four Guilders (Dominion demo-cd)
- Sides (Dominion demo-cd)
- The Escape (Dominion demo-cd)
- Secrets Of Flight (promo 2002)
- Sedation (promo 2002)
- Unchanging (new song)

That's 12 songs of which one will definately not go on the cd (Caged).
It leaves 11 song which is about 70 minutes.
So it looks like at least one of the other songs above won't make it to the cd.
We have no idea yet.

I can add myself to the "believer" list, if I may?

I chceked out the band's site a couple of month's ago, but didn't have time to download anything. I downloaded Four Guilders, liked it, then downloaded Killer Banshee in mp3, then had to get both videos, too.

You guys are amazing! Very complex composition. but lots of groove, too.
You rock on stage, as well! How on earth do you guys get through a show headbanging and running around like that?

Cool, I've discovered 2 amazing new bands now: Sun Caged and the incredible Power Of Omens. I'll be getting a CD of both you guys when you have them available

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
I can add myself to the "believer" list, if I may?

I chceked out the band's site a couple of month's ago, but didn't have time to download anything. I downloaded Four Guilders, liked it, then downloaded Killer Banshee in mp3, then had to get both videos, too.

You guys are amazing! Very complex composition. but lots of groove, too.
You rock on stage, as well! How on earth do you guys get through a show headbanging and running around like that?

Cool, I've discovered 2 amazing new bands now: Sun Caged and the incredible Power Of Omens. I'll be getting a CD of both you guys when you have them available
Thanks for the compliments :)
We get through the headbanging because we're used to it. Trained headbangers :)

Originally posted by SymphonyOfDreams
Four Guilders was the song that converted me but Sides is the song kicked my ass

PEACE...
Sides is now called "Closing In" and has new vocal melodies and new lyrics. Instrumentally it's still the same. It will be on the album. Hope you'll like it :)

Dennis / Sun Caged