I'm a fan from South Korea

ljhtj

New Metal Member
Nov 7, 2010
Hi,

I found this website by searching(like googling? in this country we use other site mainly). I'm glad to visit here.

I've been crazy about power metal genre since when I was a highschool student. However, it's hard to meet other power metal fans around me because metal music is not popular at all in S.Korea. People hardly know about metal. They say that heavy metal is just loud and noisy. Actually, many of them don't know the differrences between Metallica and Bon jovi. They're just famous 'rock' musicians abroad to them. This country is waste land itself for all kind of heavy metal.

For these reason, here I fill my whole mp3 player with power metals; stratovarius, edguy, heavenly, of course including theocracy, and enjoy them alone. I feel like i'm the only person alive in the world like Will Smith in the film 'I am legend'

I'm a Christian.
I'm not sure Matt Smith wrote his music to be acceptable for praise, but I hope the people at church in my country praise with 'Absolution day'. I hope to sing the song with my friend. I hope to hear their music at pub near my university.

Whatever I've said,
I really like the Mirror of souls
I thank you guys to read my poor English thread.

I'm not sure Matt Smith wrote his music to be acceptable for praise, but I hope the people at church in my country praise with 'Absolution day'. I hope to sing the song with my friend. I hope to hear their music at pub near my university.

I don't know either, but personally, I can definitely envision a song like Bethlehem or Mountain being legitimately sang at a church service.

And as always, a hearty welcome to the board! :)

Welcome to the boards of Theocracy! I am the Mascott (Yay! -_-)... No not really. LOL!

Welcome aboard, ljhtj! You've found like-minded friends here :)

Although the metal scene is not so grim where I live (northern United States), power metal is definitely a small niche here. There are maybe 1000 people in my city of 2 million that are even aware of it!

This is the beauty of the Internet, where the scattered fans of this wonderful genre can come together :headbang:

Thank you guys for your reception. :)
mmmm... Is it appropriate to use this word ' reception'?

I'm wondering if I'm writing right English.

I know very few people around here that were aware of Progressive and Power metal before I introduced them :p

Thank you guys for your reception. :)
mmmm... Is it appropriate to use this word ' reception'?

I'm wondering if I'm writing right English.

That is one way. The most common way to say it is "Welcome".

So instead of saying...
"Thank you guys for your reception."

You'd say...
"Thank you for the welcome."

Welcome to the boards !
However, it's hard to meet other power metal fans around me because metal music is not popular at all in S.Korea. People hardly know about metal. They say that heavy metal is just loud and noisy
It's the same thing in France. I don't know even one people in my town who listens to power metal.

There are just some death / black metallers, but it's totally different.
For most French people metal is "loud and noisy", or "horrible noise", and when you say you listen to metal, they think you listen to death metal and you are a satanist :lol:

It's the reason why I introduced a friend (who listened to raggae) to power melodic / symphonic / progressive metal (Harmony, Luca Turilli, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Symphonity etc... and of course Theocracy). His favourite metal band is Theocracy now :D

Hey, awesome! I managed to get a friend who'll only listen to Techno/Electronic "stuff" into Menahem because they use a lot of synths that he seemed to like.

That is cool. Gotta say, I myself am lovin' Angels and Shadows. :D