So I'm not a metal guy....

Thanx, jeff......what i have been doing is getting all the tracking done without any plugins, getting the levels, panning, etc.....I just don't think it sounds as good as it can.....btw... I wasn't bragging about all of the crap I have, just wanted to see if anyone else was using the same stuff and what their results were....so, if I came off pretentious, I am very sorry(Not my intent)....I just need input from like-minded individuals, that's all.....after listening to some of the music and reading some of the posts, I just thought you guys could help.....Sorry i bothered ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it didn't come across that way, and you're more than welcome to talk about your gear - most of us have stuff like that, we'll be able to help with it. The only concern we have is that people don't look through what's already here before asking strange questions - if you don't find what you're looking for, by all means ask. That's just the usual step-by-step that people seem to miss, and if you can't make things sit right then post clips and we'll see what happens. There's no intent to scare you off, and if you can't learn something from the threads already around then we're all helped by you asking even a possibly stupid-sounding question. Of course, you may want to take care with punctuation, as we do have a strict exclamation-point quota, but apart from that it's all fair game.

Jeff

I'm pretty new to this place too.. I've got a lot of catching up to do so I've been doing more reading than anything..

As far as taste goes.. I bought Slayer's Reign in Blood when I was 12 years old, and it's been metal, and more metal ever since...

Although.. the band I'm recording right now is more punk.. clown.. horror music.. what ever the hell you wanna call it.. it's not metal. But damn is it fun to work with.

anyways.. cheers to anyone who joins this forum.. this is the best damn forum I've found for recording/mixing advice. :kickass:

Ryan, I concur.....but, don't ask ANY questions until you read everything or Jeff will get ya. (just kidding) Seriously, though, there is a wealth of info here, and I for one am very grateful to all who have shared their tips and tricks with the rest of us.....Cheers, all of you!

Welcome man. It's cool and all if metal isn't your thing anymore. I don't know if this is true of everyone else, but I have a lot of other musical tastes besides metal. Metal just happens to be the one I'm most passionate about.

True story. When I first started discovering heavy metal, I used to think Linkin Park were the shit. I seriously thought they were going to save me from a deep dark depression I was going through in high school at the time. A fellow friend of mine made fun of me all the time for it - he was into Metallica. He kept on telling me how Metallica (old) was what true metal was all about, and Linkin Park were just a bunch of nu-metal, emo trash, etc. etc.. Honestly, when I first heard Metallica songs, I thought they sucked, lol. But I decided to be patient with Metallica because I knew how popular they were with metalheads, and then within a week or two, I finally saw the light that was...the Black Album.:worship:

And I thank God to this day I didn't stick with Linkin Park. The band probably would've sooner or later made me kill myself, not save my dark soul.

I cant seem to understand the logic behind pulling an old thread out of the abyss to welcome someone to the forum who has been here longer than you.. :loco:

alcohol-craving-brain-chemical.jpg

Whatever the case may be; welcome anyway. :lol: