So yeah I'm back

Paul Masvidal is a cheesy, pretentious dick that makes some of the gayest music ever.

That's a compliment by the way, I do love Cynic :D

Have you read the Metta Mind Journals? They're pretty interesting, and pretty ridiculous :lol:

hellfest1.jpg

Thibault is the man ! :)

He told me about the Hellfest gig, esp. how he played with no signal in his in-ear monitors during the first song or something :)

Good to have you back here. Time to bring some Melissa Theriau-ssness back !

Actually I may have to eat my words on Masvidal.
Reading the Metta Mind Journal you linked to and finding myself nodding in agreement with every word.

"As humans, we take on roles of self-importance to give life “content” and a sense of order. We construct a sense of self-validation by externalizing our identity, as in: “This job” allows me to become “X person.” What a trap! But it’s all we know. Occasionally I swallow my tears and open fully into the anguish of not having a self, and suddenly everything shifts. But this is just a game of concepts I’m discussing, and even this language has no value. This is the dream world we’re talking about here. And waking up from the dream is very much like being able to see the dream with complete precision — as in permanent ambiguity, no walls. There’s nothing to be done with the dream because it’s happening as a constant, without our interference. In other words, it does itself as it’s seen now, as it is."

This paragraph says on my behalf, a lot of things I've figured out myself as of late, maybe with a fair few more words than I'd use, but finding a way to express thoughts and feelings that are essentially infinite within a more finite structure (our language) will of course become a challenge.
Maybe the guy's not quite as up in the clouds as I thought after all.

Looks like you had the time of your life! Hell, the time of everyone's lives haha :) I'm happy for you. You got to do FOH for awesome bands!

Switching to Reaper huh... cool move. Hopefully others will begin to see Reaper's potential soon.