So yeah I'm back

Glad you're back - wish I would've known you were doing FOH, as Aaron Smith and I hung out at the BTBAM/Dev/Cynic show, and would've loved to talk shop with you!

Anyways, good to see you back in the fold. Curious about your switch onto Reaper if you ever get the time to elaborate!

What's that symbol in the bottom right of your picture montage thing?
Got a high-res version of that? Would love to examine it a bit.

That's awesome that you mixed Devy's and Cynic sound! Houston sound was great, minus the technical problems with the click and voice in Devin's in-ears :p . Poor guy on stage looked so nervous!

Welcome back, I wasn't here before you left, but I'm a Kalisia fan myself!

Aussi, le son pour le tour de BTBAM/Cynic/DT était parfait! J'ai hate d'entendre le reste! =D

What's that symbol in the bottom right of your picture montage thing?
Got a high-res version of that? Would love to examine it a bit.

aztec1.jpg

aztec2.jpg

It's the Aztec Calendar stone, also known as Mexica Sun Stone. It's huuuuuuuuge... I saw it in the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City, awesome place (and awesome city, which I visited thanks to my guide Dante, the singer from War Kabinett). :kickass:
The pyramids of Teotihuacan are just magic...

Anyways, good to see you back in the fold. Curious about your switch onto Reaper if you ever get the time to elaborate!

As I said, I was totally fed up with Logic, which was better than Cubase but still not quite there. I thought my only solution would be to get a Pro Tools HD but decided to try Reaper and Studio One first... Started with Reaper and didn't even check Studio One after that... Spent a few days just reading the manual thinking: "Holy shit this is genius"... I still have a few problems here and there with it, but overall I'm sure I'm gonna be much happier.

Welcome back Brett!
What did you think of the venues in Australia, Melbourne specifically?
The sound in Melbourne for Edguy/ Cynic was pro! I enjoyed that gig quite a bit :kickass:

Oh Melbourne was such an awesome city, I walked around it for two days, climbed the Eureka Tower, so nice! We kept eating at the Lord Of The Fries :lol:

DSC00156.jpg

The show was good despite a terrible terrible soundcheck for me. The surrounding of the venue was a bit... weird, but it was really nice in the end!

That's awesome that you mixed Devy's and Cynic sound! Houston sound was great, minus the technical problems with the click and voice in Devin's in-ears :p . Poor guy on stage looked so nervous!

Oh my God, that Houston show... What a nightmare, people were looking at me frowning and I was like: "I'm not responsible for this". Devin turned that into a funny thing but believe me it was not, and I heard the guy was sent home before the end of the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God, that Houston show... What a nightmare, people were looking at me frowning and I was like: "I'm not responsible for this". Devin turned that into a funny thing but believe me it was not, and I heard the guy was sent home before the end of the night.

Ouch. Sucks to be that guy.

Dude are you into shit like that? It looks intense and I bet it has some amazing meaning and stories behind it.

Yeah, I'm big into symbology, specifically masonic symbology, but anything that looks like it has layers of meanings and history is of interest.

Yeah, I'm big into symbology, specifically masonic symbology, but anything that looks like it has layers of meanings and history is of interest.

Sweet man, I stumbled across some cool Egyptian symbology whilst researching dimethyltriptamine... seriously fascinating how the two are linked... a lot of third eye/pituitary gland theories in Egyptian symbols - definitely worth looking up mate.

Cheers for the insight Brett, that's amazing. Looks like one seriously real trip!