Who's Who

Name : S1770
Favorite Album : Anything shit hot
Favorite Producer : No one in particular
Production Experience : Contracted Studio : The Engine Room
General:Thanks for the site guys

Name: Steve
Own Band: Disarm Goliath
Musical Tastes: Mainly rock and metal; also like a bit of most things though (except dubstep and 'urban')
Favorite Band: Don't have just one... Maiden, Firewind, A7X (WTF/CoE/self-titled era), Rammstein, Amon Amarth
Favorite Album: Changes regularly. Atm, one of these: Unearth - The March, A7X - Waking The Fallen (or City of Evil), Dream Theater - Images & Words
Favorite Producer: Liking most stuff Adam D touches lately (though the latest Shadows Fall mix was produced by him and whoever mixed it has ruined his efforts it seems).
Production Experience: Not much, other than my band's new release (out 23rd April), mostly just worked on small-time things with local people. Do a bit of live work occasionally too.
Gear: Nothing to shout about, other than love for my Apogee Duet... most of my higher-end gear is guitar-based (LAG Arkane Master Series, Hughes & Kettner Switchblade etc.)

Been an occasional lurker for a while - decided to try and get involved a little, as some of you guys give so much (the final tipping point being Ermz's awesome mixing guide).

Name: Joe
Own Band: Caged Spectrum
Musical Tastes: Pretty much most subgenres of metal. But especially prog metal. Also love fusion, jazz and blues. And of course, prog, both old and new (Camel, Karnivool etc)
Favorite Band: It changes all the time, but right now, Karnivool.
Favorite Album: Sound Awake - Karnivool
Favorite Producer: Joey Sturgis. Lol, u mad? But nah, I don't really have a favourite producer, but my favourite style of production is similar to that of Textures' 'Dualism'. In the way that it's tight like a prog metal album should be, but still sounds so natural.
Production Experience: Pretty much none. I'm producing my band's demo if that counts :p
Goal: To make music that I love, and become the best musician I can be.
Production Gear: I'm poor as fuck so all my gear is crap, pretty much. Using Reaper, and a POD XT Pro for guitar/bass input. I use either X30/X50/Le456, or the XT for guitar tones depending on how I'm feeling. Not really doing any vocals or anything that requires an XLR input really so I don't have an interface or any mics. Using EZDrummer Metal Machine for drums cause I can't afford Superior.

Name: Emil
Own bands: Faintlight
Occupation: Still a student but I record some of my friends' music and charge them cheaply
Musical Tastes: Almost everything, but i'm more into electronic and metal music
Fave Bands: Deftones, Gojira, Meshuggah, Pantera, Dream Theater, Rush, Nirvana, Pixies, Periphery, Animals as Leaders etc..
Fave Album: Can't choose!
Fave Producer/s: Andy Sneap, Adam D, Daniel Bergstrand, Misha Mansoor, Devin Townsend, Joey Sturgis
Goals: I'm still trying to grasp the basic concepts and hopefully I become better after every project. Still not sure if I'm going to take this seriously but at the mean time I'm having a blast!
Gear: I record at home with a basic setup, I'm trying to hone my songwriting and mixing skills first before I buy flashy gears. :)

Thanks a lot to the senior members for sharing your wisdom!

Name: Brian
Own Band: None
Musical Tastes: Metal, Rock, Pop, Acoustic.
Favorite Bands: Blind Guardian, Katatonia, Ihsahn, Kamelot, Ayreon, Thornley, Ulver, Muse
Favorite Albums: The Great Cold Distance (Katatonia) Come Again (Thornley) Nightfall in Middle Earth (Blind Guardian)
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Jens Bogren, Mark Lewis
Production Experience: Recording Workshop Grad, and I 've been putting together a home studio over the course of about 12 years (in between playing in bands, day jobs, moves,etc...)
Production Gear :
Mics - Sm57,Audix D6,I5, D2,D3,SCX-1,Rode NTK, and some cheapos...
Pre's - Seventh Circle Audio N72, Studio Projects VTB-1,Presonus Bluetube DP
Interface - Tascam us1614
DAW - Reaper

A HUGE thank you to Andy Sneap and all the other members who continue to contribute to the forum!

I've been posting here on and off lately, saw this thread now and decided it's time to properly introduce myself.

Name: Hannes Larsson
Own band: Just restarting, have nothing to show at the moment
Occupation: Freelancing sound engineer (doing post production, live and the occasional recording/mixing, but I'd like to do more mixing)
Musical tastes: Postrock, post-metal, some other metal, progressive rock from the 70's and pop (as in hits, britney spears etc).
Favourite band: I don't know.. Cult of Luna maybe.
Favourite album: Don't know here either, maybe ( ) by Sigur Rós, Crack the Skye by Mastodon, Eternal Kingdom by Cult of Luna or maybe even Fas by Deathspell Omega. Or something else.
Production experience: Mostly from the school where I did my sound engineering studies, most of it being pop/rock, but some hardcore bands aswell.
Goal: Recording and mixing the music I love for a living. At least doing it a lot would be fun.
Gear: As we speak: Fireface 800, M-audio Octane preamps, Yamaha MSP5, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Pro Tools, a simple mic stash that lets me record drums, SM7 as my main vocal mic, and not that much more. Works for me at the moment.

Long time lurker here... I'm new at the whole posting thing...

Name: Kevin
Own band: Nothing serious at the moment (not sure if really interested)
Musical tastes: Fairly wide... From Tori Amos, Kaizers Orchestra, etc. to Meshuggah, Nevermore, Soilwork etc... (Big fan of movie scores too)
Favourite band: So hard to tell, let's go with Freak Kitchen cause we're good friends
Favourite album: Right this second, I'm gonna say "the panic broadcast"
Production experience: Started as a composer for documentaries, tv & radio ads etc... Started mixing my own stuff for financial reasons... Started recording (mostly) metal bands in 2008-2009 and been doing it ever since...
Goal: World domination, obviously !
Gear: if you care : http://www.thedamageroom.com/equipment.html

Long time lurker here... I'm new at the whole posting thing...

Name: Kevin
Own band: Nothing serious at the moment (not sure if really interested)
Musical tastes: Fairly wide... From Tori Amos, Kaizers Orchestra, etc. to Meshuggah, Nevermore, Soilwork etc... (Big fan of movie scores too)
Favourite band: So hard to tell, let's go with Freak Kitchen cause we're good friends
Favourite album: Right this second, I'm gonna say "the panic broadcast"
Production experience: Started as a composer for documentaries, tv & radio ads etc... Started mixing my own stuff for financial reasons... Started recording (mostly) metal bands in 2008-2009 and been doing it ever since...
Goal: World domination, obviously !
Gear: if you care : http://www.thedamageroom.com/equipment.html

Hey j'te connais toi !!! ;)

I've been here a couple years but never even noticed this thread. I lurked for quite a while and have been trying to post more lately.

Name: Janson
Own band: Played drums for local band Wings of Severance for a while. Not currently playing with anyone.
Occupation: Day Job - Project Engineer for a cutting tool manufacturer
Musical tastes: Anything with a solid backbeat and a good groove. I used to listen strictly to metal, but I've branched out a bit as I've gotten older. But I still have a soft spot for Pantera, old In Flames, and Metallica.
Favourite album: Make Yourself by Incubus
Production experience: Started tinkering in 2008, and I still tinker now. I do about 6-10 projects a year, and try to learn something new each time.
Goal: As with all of us, I would love to make a living doing this one day. My wife supports it, and allows me to put whatever money I make recording back into gear. Maybe one day it'll work out, maybe it won't. But thats why I went to college and got a degree.
Gear: Intel i7 2700k, 8gb Ram, Vista Ultimate 64bit, Pro Tools 8, Digi 003+, Digimax D8, and some other odds and ends.

Cheers!

Name: Gerrod

Own Band:Catfish of the Learning Eggplant

Occupation: Maintenance at local Post Office, in my free time i record some local bands for free, since alll\ the studios around here charge like $190/hr rates for SHIT recordings...so i one upped them with *slighlty better quality home recordings for FREE :D

Musical Tastes: Metal, Alternative, Sublime (they should be their own genre), and Classical (Bach, Mozart etc.)

Favorite Band: your all gonna hate me for this, even though my metalcore phase has LONG passed i still gotta say Parkway Drive on that

Favorite Album: Deep Blue

Favorite Producer(s): Joe barresi, Adam D, and whoever it was that produced the Celtic Frost Monotheist Album (loved its sound to death)

Production Experience
: About 4 months lol, only have 12 full mixes under my belt, and only 2 full mixes that are my original material
And other artists such as: none you will probably ever hear of

Goal: make free recordings that outshine the severely overpriced local studios around here (DONE! lol)

Production Gear : Goodwill Monitors (Bose reflection monitors) and M-audio BX8's, Mixcraft 6, Lepou Amp Sims, guitarhack IR's, and a rocksmith xbox 360 cable (dont knock it till u tried it, heres a mix with it:http://soundcloud.com/schecter4life/tsocr-final)(tis a ROUGH MIX, not a final mix, NO post eq, NO compression, NO noise gate....straight up raw tones on EVREYTHING, th bass wasnt even impulsed lol) i know the bass tone flatout SUCKS!, i was stuck with a quier jazz bas for tracking :( ) And unforunately, do to complete lack of necessary gear AND skills, i am using sampled drums from ezdrummer :( (cant play drums for shit, and cant afford a decent kit atm lol, nor can i afford the necessary mics or interfaces lol

heres one with the SAME setup for those who enjoy LES generi-core sounding metal :rofl: http://soundcloud.com/schecter4life/waxing-and-waning

both those are mine, the two local acts i recorded forbade me from uploading or linking any of their material for fear of people stealing it (i dont understand why, they can prove they are the originals creators of the work, and it would just be free publicity for them AND me lol) i really wish they would let me, i put FAR more work into theirs then i put into mine....:rofl: but oh well, all i can say is their name is Massive Butter, and it would appear they have yet to make a facebook or even a youtube account, so they will probably never go anywhere anyway :rofl: *rolls eyes

Hello everybody,

First of all, thanks a lot for this awesome forum, I have learned so much here!!

Name: Jarek

Own Band: Played in several bands, mostly Hard&Heavy, played in cover band for a living for 2 years

Occupation: Music composer, arranger, mixer, sound designer & guitarist

Musical Tastes: Metal, Rock, Blues, Funk, Smooth Jazz

Favorite Band: Lots!!! Dream Theater, Devin Townsend, S.O.A.D., Metallica, Godsmack, Testament, Judas Priest, Chickenfoot, Glenn Hughes, Toto, Sting, Fourplay Jazz, etc.

Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Joe Barresi

Production Experience: Learning everything about music and sound. Working for Czech software company Audiffex since 2007 as music composer, preset manager, sound designer etc., composing, recording and mixing music for some clients, teaching modern composition and sound engineering.

Goal: I want to be hired to make music for other people all over the world.

Production Gear: Just a small home studio
PC (I must buy a new one..)
Presonus AudioBox VSL1818
Presonus Central Station
KRK VXT8
M-Audio FT Pro
M-Audio DX4
M-Audio Prokeys 88

Rode NT1-A (pair)

M-Custom Guitars M-Strat Electric Guitar (custom built by Jirka Mazl)
Jolana Diamant Les Paul Electric Guitar
Nashville Acoustic guitar (Ovation type)
Boss GT-8

SW: Steinberg, Audiffex, Toontrack, VOS, Nomad Factory, Klanghelm, NI

I didn't post one of those so..

Name: Fabian
Own Band: Evil Intentions, Solo projects
Experience: Graduated from University of Wales in Music Production, and Akmh Institute in Music technology three national schoolarships earned in it. Worked with bands from abroad and inside Greece (metal and Jazz mostly), also assisted as post production assistant in Metal Messiah Records.
Musical Tastes: Metal (almost all types of metal), Gypsy Jazz, Smooth Jazz (mostly anything that compliments my ears and taste)
Favorite Band: At the gates maybe, Django Reinhardt
Favorite Album: Slaughter of the soul, Seventh son of a seventh son (Maiden)
Gear: Ears for the most part, Yamaha Hs08 monitors, Foccusrite pro 40 interface, a good relaxing mouse,Tuned room, and a bunch more (mic, guitars, midi controlers,di boxes,pedals,headphones, self made trigers etc...)
DAW: Nuendo 4

Name: Mashreef

Own Band: Silent Justice

Musical Tastes: All kind of Metal,pop,rock,hardcore,Techno

Favorite Band: Old school Slayer,megadeth,Lamb of god

Favorite Album: Sacrament

Favorite Producer(s):

Production Experience: About 6 months, only have 25 full mixes done

Gear's- Realtek hd audio soundcard :p ,shitty 10$ dynamic mic, Pc speaker :p

Name: Diego Rugiero.

Instruments: guitar (main instrument), bass, some drums and guttural vocals.

Favourite guitar players:
David Gilmour, Jimi Hendrix, John Sykes, John Norum, Michael Schenker, Peter Wichers, Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde.

Own band: Selfgod (modern metal with melodic death metal influences).

Occupation: Graphic designer, guitarist, producer, husband and future father.

Musical tastes: everything from jazz to metal.

Favorite bands: AC/DC, Accept, All That Remains, Alter Bridge, Amorphis, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Carcass, Control Denied, Death, Dio, Disturbed, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, Europe, Grave Digger, GN'R, Harem Scarem, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jorn Lande, Journey, Judas Priest, Killswitch Engage, King's X, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, MSG, Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, Nevermore, Opeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Paradise Lost, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Queen, Queensryche, Rage, Rainbow, Ramones, Riot, Rush, Saxon, Scorpions, Sentenced, Slayer, Soilwork, Symphony X, Testament, The Cult, Thin Lizzy, Times Of Grace, Toto, Type O Negative, U.D.O., Van Halen, W.A.S.P., Westworld, Whitesnake, Winger, ZZ top & many more.

Top 5 bands: Black Sabbath, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, W.A.S.P.

Favourite albums: AC/DC - Highway To Hell / Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell / Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond / Control Denied - The Fragile Art Of Existence / Death - Symbolic / Dio - Holy Diver / Deep Purple - Machine Head / In Flames - Clayman / Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death / James Labrie - Static Impulse / Judas Priest - Killing Machine / Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies / Led Zeppelin - IV / Megadeth - Endgame / Opeth - Still Life / Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears / Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost / Pink Floyd - The Division Bell / Rainbow - Rising / Sentenced - Crimson / Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos / The Cult - Sonic Temple / Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning / W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children. / Whitesnake - 1987

Hobbys: Collect japanese albums from my favorite bands.

Musical experience: I play guitar since 1993, always in some band. I always use Mac-Pro Tools combination for recording demos for my bands mostly. I own a rehearsal/studio room with a decent treatment.

Gear: Les Paul Custom '88 black beauty (EMG 81-85), Les Paul Custom '09 snow white (EMG 81-85), ESP Horizon (EMG 81-85), Jackson Soloist SL2H USA black (SD JB-59), Peavey 5150 (signature), Marshall JCM 800 2203 Zakk Wylde Limited Edition, Mesa Rectifier Slant cab, Marshall 1960a cab, Marshall 1960av cab, Vox AC30, Roland JC120, Boss, Dunlop & Maxon pedals, Pod 2.0, Pod HD, Apple Mac Pro, Digi 003, Focusrite Octopre Platinum, Yamaha NS10 Studio, Alesis M1 Active Monitors, Shure SM 58, Shure SM57 (2), Audix D2 (2), i5, D4 & D6, Rode NT5 matched pair, Neumann TLM-103 & MXL V69 Mogami Edition, Radial J48, Radial X-Amp and a bunch of cool plugins.

Name: ShadowK (Danny)

Own Band: Shadowkind

Occupation: Recording engineer / Mastering Engineer / Software developer / Audio R&D

Musical Tastes: Metal (Of course), Rock, Pop, Classical..

Favorite Band: Scar Symmetry / Solution .45 / Meshuggah / In flames / Soilwork

Favorite Album: Holographic Universe

Favorite Producer(s): Andy Sneap, Jens Bogren, Jonas Kj.

Production Experience: About 11 years apprentice to pro, give or take noodling since I was 10 :)

Gear's- MH ULN8, Event Opel, Focal CMS65's, Outboard comp's, Plugins, Ton's of mic's Mojave / Neumann / Shure etc. Oh can't forget Axe FX 2 :)

Name: Jason
Own Band: From The Shadows (fromtheshadowsofficial.com)
Musical Tastes: Metal, Rock, J-pop, some punk
Favorite Band: RED
Favorite Album: End of Silence (RED)
Favorite Producer: Varg Vickernes
Production Experience: just my own band, some local bands here and there
Goal: to reach a professional level of audio engineering for my own music
Production Gear : yeah, that'd take forever to list

Not really a resume, just for shits

Name: Ian
Own Band: Old Man Doom (guitars, bass, vocals, programming, production) and The Red Offering (guitars, bass, vocals, programming, production)
Musical Tastes: Metal, Doom, Rock, Prog, Dark Ambient
Favorite band: Enslaved, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Nile, Ahab
Favorite album: Ruun (Enslaved), Crack the Skye (Mastodon)
Favorite producer: Kurt Ballou (GodCity studios, Converge), Ola Englund (Feared), Keith Merrow, Andy Sneap
Production experience: Various projects for school (live sound and studio), recording all of my own music since 2009
Gear: Gibson Flying V (2007, ivory), Schecter Damien (6 string, matte black), Rogue lx405 series III bass (5 string, transblack)
Blackstar HT-5 (matching 1x10 cab), MXR ZW-44 Overdrive, BBE Sonic Stomp
Sennheiser e609 mic, Presonus VSL 22 interface, Presonus Faderport, Akai MIDI keyboard
Logic Pro 9.1.8 (Macbook pro 15" i5 2009), Ezdrummer with MetalMachine and Metalheads, Ezmix 2

Name : Ioana
Own Band : Edgar Allan Bro (online band)
Musical Tastes : Mostly metalcore
Favorite Producer : CLA, Joey Sturgis, Will Putney, Cameron Webb and others
Production Experience : I've been mixing and tracking in my bedroom. I've never had clients
Production Gear : Audio Technica ATH M20, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Jim Root Tele, Epiphone Les Paul
Softwares : REAPER, SSD 4, Lepou plugins and so on

Name: Tom
Own Band: Gingerbread (guitars, programming)
Band website: http://www.soundcloud.com/gingerbreadmusic
Musical Tastes: Everything ever.
Favorite Band: Biffy Clyro
Favorite Album: The Discovery - Cloudkicker
Favorite Producer: What's a producer?
Production Experience: A couple reggae bands, and my own.
Goal: To make music I'm happy with.
Production Gear: A computer, some line in, some fake-ass drums and some Studio One.

so like, I'm new here. hi.

Name: George
Bands I've been in: Threat Signal, Baghead, Screworm, Steel Toe persuasion, Senate, Children of tragedy.
The band im now in:Catastrophist!
Occupation: Metal Producer, Studio Drummer, Corrections officer
Musical Tastes: Metal, classic Rock, industral, Movie Soundtracks, Good drummers come in all forms of music though.
Favorite Band: Cant do it, changes everyday.
Favorite Album: I will get shit but Probally ...And Justice For All or Chaosphere.
Favorite Producer: Andy, Daniel Bergstrand, Randy Straub.
Production Experience: I've been doing production almost as long as I've been playing, so yes I rember recording to tape!
Personal Goal: Get better and Better with my production and programming values.

Thank you!