So I'm not a metal guy....

Welcome dude
my tastes are definatly not as metal as half the people in here either, but its an amazing forum in every respect.

Most people in hear like bands with names that sound like someone sneezing that are written in a font so metal you cant read it..
lol
jokes guys dont kill me please

If you're not into Metal - you are not my friend.

I just realized that someone else posted this earlier...:Smug:

Welcome dude
my tastes are definatly not as metal as half the people in here either, but its an amazing forum in every respect.

Most people in hear like bands with names that sound like someone sneezing that are written in a font so metal you cant read it..
lol
jokes guys dont kill me please

I love the sneeze name bands dude. They're the most br00tal. :kickass:

Heaviest thing allowed it the house was maybe Richard Marx (I'm not joking here).

I was pissed off a whole lot more when I was younger, so I craved more angst in my music.
2 & 2 together = That makes sense.
You don't have to be angry to have a passion for metal of course but I understand what you're saying.
If you like those bands that you listed then you can't be that bad. :lol:
I think we'll let you slide. :lol:
Welcome to Andy Sneap's forum! :headbang:

And by the way, I stumbled upon this forum actually by trying to figure out more about the guy that did the Killswitch records. Metal production is getting so damn good that I think every kind of production could take a few things from it. The End of Heartache sounds absolutely incredible!

Metal production is getting so damn good that I think every kind of production could take a few things from it.

Where you been, Jack? Metal production has been good for quite some time now...you just had to know where to listen.

Welcome aboard, man! I think you'll find the "gear snob" factor around here is significantly lower than other forums. That's what keeps me coming back here, anyway, is an absence of elitism. That & the people on this forum are just plain cool.

-0z-

That's only because metalheads are poor. :heh:

I'm a total gear snob...but I just bought a Behringer headphone amp!

i got one too...
terrible isnt it!
owning something with behringer written on it.
i die a little inside every time i think of it
lol

That's only because metalheads are poor. :heh:

I'm a total gear snob...but I just bought a Behringer headphone amp!

I was gonna say, "Pretty much everone but MK" but I thought that might have seemed rude. :p

BTW, I've got an ALTO headphone amp myself. Dirt cheap & loud as hell. What more do you need?

-0z-

I was gonna say, "Pretty much everone but MK" but I thought that might have seemed rude. :p

BTW, I've got an ALTO headphone amp myself. Dirt cheap & loud as hell. What more do you need? -0z-

Not rude in the slightest. Feel free to say what you want, because I'm not too sensitive. If you're gonna dish it out, you gotta be able to take it too, right? Besides, it's totally true!

I have noticed that the Behringer headphone amp is pretty grainy...and it clips even before going into the red...but it does have lots of useable volume so I'm happy overall.

Never heard of that Alto amp...it looks f'in killer! I might have to take this Behringer back now.

Looks I'm the new asshole on the block.....How is everyone???? I really needed to join this once I saw that you all (or, at least, most of you) seem to understand mixing and mastering metal music.... I really need help!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be more specific in the appropriate forum, just wanted to say "Hey" to everyone here!!!!!!

o.k. so, I'm running a pc with winxp, 2.6 gig. a gig and a half of ram, Protools m-powered with an m-audio audiophile 192 (don't need an assload of inputs cuz I am using mostly software) Using DFHS for drums and Hardcore Bass for, you guessed it, bass.... I am trying(to no avail) to get a My Dying Bride, GoatSnake, Candlemass kinda sound.....DOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!! Not being a braggart, but, I have a bunch of plugins (diamond bundle, bomb factory 1176, some of the older sonalksis stuff) I just cannot get an even remotely professional sound.....I am not trying to get someone to do it all for me, I just cannot do it alone!!!!!!!I just picked up the Mixing Engineers Handbook....very good tips that I have not gotten a chance to try yet.....I have been to a bunch of different forums that would be great, if I wanted to do Fucking HIP-HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( I do not!!!!!!!!!!) I know this may be vague, but, I need a mentor(or mentors)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME, JEEBUS!!!!!!!!!!

First off, drop plugins and don't even consider them until you've got tons of stuff in the mix that needs to fit. You shouldn't be recording a sound that isn't at least 75% of what you want it to be in 99% of situations. Second, once you have everything recorded and panned to its proper place, just use the built-in DAW EQ to figure out what's where and get 'scratch' settings for when you pull out the big guns. Third, don't expect plugins to do it for you, or do anything but what you tell them to do. After that, start playing with your fancy toys and when you have questions do a search (I've seen threads on everything from clipping and limiting to dual-micing to impulses just in the last few weeks) before asking, but if the search comes up blank feel free to ask. That aside, enjoy the show and don't feed the Gavin.

Jeff