i'm about to quit drumming due to my lack of hi-hats affinity

Originally posted by ezekiel
don't give up man. what exactly is ur problem?
u gotta learn to make the stick hit twice with one stroke.

make the stick hit twice with one stroke? how can i do that?

let's tell the truth...it's hard i know to explain in just few words...it would be much better if i could see someone playing...i'm looking for a video or something else...but here it's too difficult to find...that's why i'm always asking people here about how to play the hi-hat with the cymbals opened, using the pedal and stuff...i only know how to play with them almost together.

It's all in the fuckin' wrist....go ahead, write that down.

Or at least copy and paste that shit.

PS. I'm not a drummer, don't listen to a word I say.

mr%20hi-hat.jpg

"Ecto, I want to be your friend. Don't give up on our relationship so easily. We can make it work."

Awww, now give him a hug and let's make up, shall we?

We shall...

keep your fingers loose and flick your wrist down really fast. the stick shoul bounce twice. as for the pedal, open it right when you hit the hi-hat, and quickly close it a split second after u hit it. you could do this with your left hand, if you want to hit the ride cymbal or something with your right hand.
does that help at all? i've never taught anyone b4 so its hard to explain

Originally posted by The Dope
mr%20hi-hat.jpg

"Ecto, I want to be your friend. Don't give up on our relationship so easily. We can make it work."

Awww, now give him a hug and let's make up, shall we?

We shall...

:lol: ahahaa....good one The Dope! I love it!

Originally posted by ezekiel
keep your fingers loose and flick your wrist down really fast. the stick shoul bounce twice. as for the pedal, open it right when you hit the hi-hat, and quickly close it a split second after u hit it. you could do this with your left hand, if you want to hit the ride cymbal or something with your right hand.
does that help at all? i've never taught anyone b4 so its hard to explain

thanks dude...i'll print what you said, sit there and try...:)