I'm about to smash my firepod with an hammer

Oct 27, 2007
Montreal, Canada
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/317666/crissedefirepoddemarde-01.mp3

Why is there a clipping/distorsion sound when the waveform is FAR from clipping?

Chain is Schecter C-1 Classic into firepod input 1. i tried input 2 too and same problem. I reinstalled the latest drivers and updated the firmware and I still get this problem. It's the first time I notice it, so I don't think I had it before, but I got tons of problems with my unit.

The preamp is clipping. The lights on the front of the Firepod that are supposed to show you that an input is clipping are not very accurate. I've run into this problem several times.

The preamp is clipping. The lights on the front of the Firepod that are supposed to show you that an input is clipping are not very accurate. I've run into this problem several times.

But if you import the clip in your daw you'll see that there's still a lot of headroom, so I don't understand why it clips, and why it didn't do this before.

I always want to smash my FP, but for a different reason (stupid fucking firepod control app doesn't want to recognize it's there even though the computer does).

First the output 1-2 bleeds in the input, secondly I had a problem when I wanted to install the old drivers (thinking it could correct my crosstalk problem), basically I couldn't uninstall the new drivers because it showed me an error message each time I tried, thirdly I had this glitch problem I wrote in another thread when I was recording vocals, and now I have this clipping problem.

Seriously, goodbye firepod. I'd like a profire 2626 but I think I'll buy a 610 since I don't have the money for a 2626.