I'm about to upgrade to XP!

Been on it for nearly a year (started in beta). Welcome to the club. Enjoy the new glassy buttons. :) ..I can't even look at a Windows 9x interface or Windows 2000 interface anymore. :yuk:

I've got it installed without a hitch! :D

I still need to re-install some of my peripherals with new XP drivers, but that shouldn't take too long. :)

I'm SO damned happy to be rid of ME!!!! :headbang:

Rabs, you're right about it being much easier on the eyes. It'll take me awhile to re-learn where all of the settings, etc can be found but I don't mind. As long as it's not ME. ;)

I'm still using Me. I've gotten used to the frequent lockups, boot errors and other crazy stuff.
Good luck with the upgrade.:)

I just purchases a new notebook from HP. Runs on XP. I'm so lost with it. :(

I've giving my old computer to my daughters. Guess which one I'm on right now :)

So many new toys on the notebook. And it is so quick. I've gone from a 333 to a 1.7 with all the memory in the world. I think anyways. My hard drive went from a 6GB to a 40GB

Off to play.
Take care
Constantine

Hmm, I'm no fan of XP Home Edition... haven't tried the proffesional, but Home Ed. just gives me an itch. My father bought a compaq laptop-thingy with XP Home pre-installed. It's supposed to be over 2ghz, but it runs sooo much slower than my 1.4 ghz. Plus it freezes all the time, and everything is extremely slow. I use 2000 professional with service pack 3 right now, and I think it might be one of the best things microsoft has come up with. Hardly ever any problems with it, easy to use and all. I love it :D

Had XP pro, got rid of it, it was nasty to my system, I run 2000 now, wouldn't have it any other way! :D Most stable M$ OS about! Well, thas my opinion neways :) Good luck!

Originally posted by oooarrr33
Had XP pro, got rid of it, it was nasty to my system, I run 2000 now, wouldn't have it any other way! :D Most stable M$ OS about! Well, thas my opinion neways :) Good luck!

Anything other than ME! :lol:

Gotta go with whatever works, right! So far, I'm still very pleased with XP. I was on the cpu doing all sorts of stuff on Saturday, and it never crashed or slowed down once. I loved it. With ME, I'd have to restart it every few hours if I was switching between programs, etc. Then it would usually freeze up instead of actually restarting. :mad: ME just didn't manage system memory very well at all.

Time will tell, but so far it seems that XP is vastly superior! :headbang:

P.S. I've bnever used Win2000, so I can't compare it. I've always heard that 2000 was good though. :)